Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,831

1 members and 2,830 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Thanks

Re: BP.Net Weightloss CHALLENGE

You could try front, back, go's lol. We had to do this in the Army....pain in the butt. You run in place with your arms extended infront of you, then drop to pushups, then roll over and do flutter kicks. Flutter kicks will really burn the belly fat off, and its an incredible ab excersize You lay on your back, and place your hands underneath your torso, palms down, with your chin to your chest. Extend your legs straight out, and move your legs up and down opposite of eachother...kind of like walking, without bending your knee's at all. Your abs will hurt like crazy, but its actually really efficient at burning calories, and building muscle The Army used it as a punishment though...so it is painfull lol. Key thing is hydration. Drink more water than your body really needs, without getting overhydrated. It helps with the excersizes too, and keeps you from cramping and getting really sore (you will get sore though...all part of working out and getting in shape ).

I wish I could lose some fat. I'm big muscle wise lol. 5'6", and 214lbs....but I'm not ripped....wish I could drop some fat weight I do a ton of powerlifting and bodybuilding.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewH
    I wish I could lose some fat. I'm big muscle wise lol. 5'6", and 214lbs....but I'm not ripped....wish I could drop some fat weight I do a ton of powerlifting and bodybuilding.
    Then hop on that elliptical! Seriously--cardio isn't only for girls! It's so funny--at my gym on campus the gym has this invisible dividing line: the "girls" side of the gym are the cardio machines and the "boy's" side of the gym are the weights/weight machines.

There isn't a lot of crossing the "line". I do, because I know cardio AND weightlifting in combination are the best in the long run--but it sure is intimidating sometimes!
    --Kim
    1.0.0 Lemon Pastel (Auryn)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SarahMB
    For the dieters, here are a few suggestions that have helped me along the way:
    Dinnertime, use a small plate instead of a dinner plate. Tell yourself you'll get seconds if you feel like it, but usually I'm pretty satisfied by the time I'm through with the first serving.
    Buy some black seedless grapes. Wash them off and pick them off the vine, drain well on paper towels. Put in a large ziplock and freeze. When you want a snack, grab a few of them and munch away...good for you and VERY satisfying.
    For recipes that use ground beef: buy a lb of ground white turkey (I bough a lb for $4.39 today) and a lb of regular ground beef ($1.89 today). When you get home from the store, cut each of these in half, and freeze them in a ziplock with half and half together. Ground white turkey is much lower in fat than beef, and will take on the flavor of the beef you cook it with. Plus it won't be dry if you use regular ground beef. It comes out VERY tasty and practically guilt free!
    Oh, and bookmark and use this site: Nutrition Data
    Also: www.fitday.com has lists of foods and their nutritional values, you can look them up and the program records them. It's online and it's free--it's like a food journal that calculates for you

One of the things I've learned along the way is that cutting calories does NOT equal being hungry all the time or eating food that tastes bad.

It just means replacing high-calorie foods/refined carb foods with healthier versions. Instead of a pizza, I'll make "english muffin pizza". Instead of regular american cheese on sandwiches/with eggs, etc, I use fat-free. Instead of regular bread, I use "light" bread. Instead of white rice, I use brown rice. Instead of ice cream, I LOVE Activia's "crave control" yogurt (in vanilla ) with some craisins in it.

I eat three meals a day and two snacks, and I manage to keep my calories under 1400--but I'm NEVER hungry. I eat quality fill-you-up foods, which REALLY helps

That isn't to say it's not hard sometimes...I definitely fall off the wagon from time to time. I guess the key to that part is not falling off, saying "oh well" and proceed to wallow in the "mud". I've been so guilty of that in the past, and it's on my list of things I'm trying to change in my attitude about eating.

--Kim

Thanks

I think i might jump aboard this too. When i graduated high school in 94 i was 6'3" 180lbs, and rail thin. now being married for ten years and not as active i have gaind some wieght. at my heaviest i was 290lbs. I'm currently 275-280, Im tall so i eit well. alot of people think im 250lbs. Well thats my goal. My gym memebership just ran out so this is going to be a home schooling..lol. My biggest problem is getting motiavted to get off my butt and do something. When i did go to the gym i felt great, lost wieght, and eat better so i know i can do it again, but i dont no why i havent yet..So count me in..
    Joe

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AzureN1ght
    Also: www.fitday.com has lists of foods and their nutritional values, you can look them up and the program records them. It's online and it's free--it's like a food journal that calculates for you

One of the things I've learned along the way is that cutting calories does NOT equal being hungry all the time or eating food that tastes bad.

It just means replacing high-calorie foods/refined carb foods with healthier versions. Instead of a pizza, I'll make "english muffin pizza". Instead of regular american cheese on sandwiches/with eggs, etc, I use fat-free. Instead of regular bread, I use "light" bread. Instead of white rice, I use brown rice. Instead of ice cream, I LOVE Activia's "crave control" yogurt (in vanilla ) with some craisins in it.

I eat three meals a day and two snacks, and I manage to keep my calories under 1400--but I'm NEVER hungry. I eat quality fill-you-up foods, which REALLY helps

Im glad somone sees the importance of whole grains and good carb choices. to shed fat you need to lower your carb intake and replace it with healthy fats (to many people fear fat!) and make sure all the carbs you do eat are complex slow buring ones. also eating frequently boosts metabolism and keeps you feeling full.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by djansen
    Im glad somone sees the importance of whole grains and good carb choices. to shed fat you need to lower your carb intake and replace it with healthy fats (to many people fear fat!) and make sure all the carbs you do eat are complex slow buring ones. also eating frequently boosts metabolism and keeps you feeling full.
    I'm currently taking my second nutrition class at college. The professor is a Registered Dietitian--so it's what she does for a living. I've become very interested in nutrition in the course of my little weightloss journey. I've learned some much healthier eating practices, for sure.

I used to be afraid of carbs in general--after that whole atkins craze. Carbs aren't evil--one just needs to choose the right kind. Fruits, vegetables and whole grains are GOOD for you! Healthy fats are good for you, too. Lean protein is always good, too--but I watch portions. A "normal" portion is 3oz! Most people when eating meat NEVER eat only 3oz of a meat! At meals I try to have complex carbs, protein and fiber represented.
    --Kim

Thanks

It's good to know who we can ask if we have any questions. I know very little about that stuff. I always was like if it looks good for you then i can eat it.
    I'm currently taking my second nutrition class at college. The professor is a Registered Dietitian--so it's what she does for a living. I've become very interested in nutrition in the course of my little weightloss journey. I've learned some much healthier eating practices, for sure.

I used to be afraid of carbs in general--after that whole atkins craze. Carbs aren't evil--one just needs to choose the right kind. Fruits, vegetables and whole grains are GOOD for you! Healthy fats are good for you, too. Lean protein is always good, too--but I watch portions. A "normal" portion is 3oz! Most people when eating meat NEVER eat only 3oz of a meat! At meals I try to have complex carbs, protein and fiber represented.
    Joe

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jar2476
    It's good to know who we can ask if we have any questions. I know very little about that stuff. I always was like if it looks good for you then i can eat it.
    Hehe--I know my stuff. I was the only one in our 100+ people lecture hall who recieved 100% on our last exam. Knowing and practicing something are two different things--so that's what I'm working on. I still think a pepperoni pizza or vanilla-frosted doughnuts look delicious, in spite of the negative nutritional value of those foods.

But, if you do have a question, I'll do my best to answer it to be best of my knowledge. And if it's something I don't know, I can always e-mail my professor and ask her opinoin
    --Kim

Thanks

A few weeks ago in 8Ball Chat, a few of the girls (myself included) were talking about how we all had about 20 pounds we wanted to lose.

After a few months of hardcore slacking, I've got closer to 30 to deal with.

Today I've started my nose-to-the-grindstone plan I want to be at goal by July, so it means sticking to my food plan (in my case, eating about 1400 calories/day) and going to the gym at least 5 days a week.

It's going to be a hardcore push to the finish line, but I'm willing to make the commitment. Sarah said she might be up for a little friendly competition Any of you people in?
    1400 cals a day and the gym 5 days a week. Doesn't sound like enough cals to be going to the gym 5 days a week. Take care as to not over do it.
    One day at a time.
    Scott

1.0 Normal Ball Python ( Plissken )
    1.0 Bearded Dragon ( Edward Teach - A.K.A Black Beard )
    0.1 Leopard Gecko ( Boomer )
    All belonging to my sons.
    2.0 Sons 15 & 8 yrs

Thanks

Ohmigod I would be SO up for that. Competition drives the hell out of me . I'm 5'11, a little shy about saying my weight, but I'd like to be 155-160. I'm tall so I don't look that big, but I can feel the difference when I'm out of shape. I'd totally be willing to have a little challenge

Edit: ok, everyone else posted their weights... 5'11, 180 lbs.

Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast