Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,313

3 members and 3,310 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 10 of 52 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Re: BP.Net Weightloss CHALLENGE

Quote Originally Posted by AzureN1ght
    Are you one of those guys that lifts really heavy weights and does the loud roaring thing?
    Haha, when I ran track I lifted weights with the football team (just me and one other girl in there with the whole team...yeah, that was...interesting...) and alot of the guys that did the heavier lifting did that. Scared the life out of me the first couple of days!! And man would I get some dirty looks if they caught me snickering....
    ~ Shannon

1.2 normal bp ~ Lilly (06) ~ Delilah (09) ~ Joey (06)
    1.0 cinnamon bp ~ Doughnut (08)
    1.0 mojave bp ~ Jay (08)
    0.1 pastel bp ~ Patsy (09)
    2.0 cats ~ Lil Bit (08) ~ Toby (08)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewH
    Diamondcutters are a type of pushup. All tricep...kills them lol. Put your index fingers together and your thumbs together vertical to your neck, where your hand makes a diamond shape, and you do push-ups that way .....all I can say is it does hurt lol.
    It sounds painful O.O I can barely do regular push-ups!
    --Kim
    1.0.0 Lemon Pastel (Auryn)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tweets_4611
    Haha, when I ran track I lifted weights with the football team (just me and one other girl in there with the whole team...yeah, that was...interesting...) and alot of the guys that did the heavier lifting did that. Scared the life out of me the first couple of days!! And man would I get some dirty looks if they caught me snickering....
    HRRRRRAAARRHG!
    --Kim

Thanks

Good luck everyone!!!!!!!!!

~mike
    “The richest value of wilderness lie not in the days of Daniel Boone, nor even in the present but rather in the future.” - Aldo Leopold

Thanks

Well so far I am not doing very good. I've skipped the gym two days in a row, and I've pretty much eaten whatever I wanted. I actually gained a lb!
    And I have NOTHING tight to wear to take a before pic in. At least nothing family friendly....Everything normal I own is baggy because I've lost so much weight.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SarahMB
    Well so far I am not doing very good. I've skipped the gym two days in a row, and I've pretty much eaten whatever I wanted. I actually gained a lb!
    And I have NOTHING tight to wear to take a before pic in. At least nothing family friendly....Everything normal I own is baggy because I've lost so much weight.
    Awww, I'll hit up the gym with you Sarah ..

I haven't done well either. I've just worked and slept I don't think I've made an effort to do anything other than sleep when I get home, or wake up other than sleep...with how much this jobs kicking my butt....I hate tying rebar

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SarahMB
    You just need some inspiration. I skipped the gym last night and tonight, too...Yesterday just ended up being really busy--and tonight I'm studying my butt off for a test tomorrow... I'm not going to beat myself up over it, and neither should you.

A thing to keep in mind about weighing in: The body is 60-70% water (depending on your source). A few pounds in either direction can happen just from weighing yourself at a different time of day, after you've had something to drink, or if you've had alcohol the night prior (it dehydrates you and can make you appear to have lost weight).

It takes eating 3500 calories over what you need to maintain in order to gain a pound of fat...that's a LOT of overeating, and would certainly take more than a few days, so don't fret.

You can either just not worry about a picture, or go to WalMart or something and grab a cheap workout outfit to take one in. No big, either way.

--Kim

Banned
    Thanks

A thing to keep in mind about weighing in: The body is 60-70% water (depending on your source). A few pounds in either direction can happen just from weighing yourself at a different time of day, after you've had something to drink, or if you've had alcohol the night prior (it dehydrates you and can make you appear to have lost weight).

It takes eating 3500 calories over what you need to maintain in order to gain a pound of fat...that's a LOT of overeating, and would certainly take more than a few days, so don't fret.
    I guess we learn new things every day. Good stuff! Great info

Banned
    Thanks

HRRRRRAAARRHG!
    Haha...hey now, its a habit I've caught first time powerlifters doing it. Guess it comes naturally

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewH
    Awww, I'll hit up the gym with you Sarah ..

I haven't done well either. I've just worked and slept I don't think I've made an effort to do anything other than sleep when I get home, or wake up other than sleep...with how much this jobs kicking my butt....I hate tying rebar
    Ok, come on down to Texas, we'll go to the gym
    I'm thinking about starting resistance training again this weekend, and just hitting the large muscles.

Page 10 of 52 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast