Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,273

2 members and 3,271 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cliff feeding

Thanks

Cliff feeding

I got cliff mid december 2006,and i started him on 2 pinkies a week,then in january he started taking 3 pinkies,and for the last 6 weeks he has been taking 4 pinkies a week, and today i tried a 5th pinky and he took it with no problems.i tried it just to see would he take it and he did os im happy about that,he is growing really really fast.he was about 9 inches when i got him, and now he is around 20 inches,he wont stay still enough for me to get a proper measurement of him but i knwo he is 20 inches or so.

Thanks

Re: Cliff feeding

Glad to hear he's eating well, maybe it's time to bump up his prey size to 1 fuzzy a feeding.
    Layna

Thanks

Nope,i tried one fuzzy earlier,and he had it half swallowed and he regurgitated it.i left it an hour and then gave him pinkies as usual.im gonna leave it 2 more months and then try a fuzzy and see how it goes from there,no point in stressing him out causing him to refuse a meal,he hasnt refused yet so i wanna try and keep it the way its going.he is in good health.growing really fast.

Thanks

If he's doing 4 or 5 pinkies he should have no problem with a small or medium fuzzy. Give it another shot.

Thanks

I did.he is big in the body, but the neck is still a bit too thin for a fuzzy,he can get it half way down and then regurgutates it.no point in forcing him to take a fuzzy when he cant handle it yet.il give it another few weeks maybe 2 months or so and then bump it up to a fuzzy, he should be ready then.

Thanks

Question Re: Cliff feeding

Quote Originally Posted by Reptile_Man
    I did.he is big in the body, but the neck is still a bit too thin for a fuzzy,he can get it half way down and then regurgutates it.no point in forcing him to take a fuzzy when he cant handle it yet.il give it another few weeks maybe 2 months or so and then bump it up to a fuzzy, he should be ready then.
    Whenever I have corn snakes in my store, they are eating hoppers and sub-adult mice at 20''. At 1', they had no issues with a fuzzy a week. It is very odd to hear that yours struggles with something that is about 1/4 of the size that I have experienced the same sized snakes eating.
    Co-owner of a reptile store

Thanks

its only 5 or 6 months old.it might sound unusual to you,but here in ireland and most of the other people i have spoke to onm other forums,and people who keep corns about corns have the same experiences im having.snakes grow at different rates.he is eating well and im not complaining,he will take fuzzies when he is ready, not when im ready.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by _BoidFinatic_
    Whenever I have corn snakes in my store, they are eating hoppers and sub-adult mice at 20''. At 1', they had no issues with a fuzzy a week. It is very odd to hear that yours struggles with something that is about 1/4 of the size that I have experienced the same sized snakes eating.
    sorry but you cant say the same sized snake,when i havnt shown a pic of Cliff,it may be the same in length, but body thickness has alot to do with it too.

Thanks

Perhaps your definition of a fuzzy differs from ours? You are speaking of mice, correct? What is the weight of your fuzzy? Your pinky?

The weight of the snake as well is more meaningful than a guess at the length.
    Last edited by Flagg; 03-26-2007 at 06:33 PM.

Thanks

mice fuzzies,i dont bother weighing them,i go in and pick out 20 pinkies average size.the fuzzy i tried was id say at most 1 1/4 inch long.thats the best i can do as i dont have any pics of them.opinkies were and are at most 3/4 of an inch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast