Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,854

0 members and 2,854 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: for all you spider owners out there...

Quote Originally Posted by SPJ
    Can someone please post what exactly to look for as far as wobble, spinning, weird behavior, etc?

I have not noticed any odd behavior from my female spider. She acts and moves just like the rest of the BP's.

According to Adam, all spiders have the quirks and can be seen if you know what to look for?

This peaked my curiousity. What exactly should I look for so I can check?
    Some shake their head a little just slighly when the are surprised or stressed or just before feeding. Mine likes to look straight up at you from time to time when I open his tub.
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"

Thanks

After I read Adams blog originally I've been watching my snakes like hawks, sometimes for several hours to see any minor tweaks. I don't have a spider, but I've heard of normals and other morphs doing it aswell.

I did find that one of my normal females has a slight "tick"...she'll be sitting still but her head very slightly waves back and forth. Kind of interesting to watch...like was said, sometimes it can be so minor that its hard to pick up on, but hers is definitely there.

Even though spiders can have spinning behavior I plan on adding a few to my collection, the combo potential is just to amazing not to.

-Jason
    Jason

Thanks

Can someone please post what exactly to look for as far as wobble, spinning, weird behavior, etc?

I have not noticed any odd behavior from my female spider. She acts and moves just like the rest of the BP's.

According to Adam, all spiders have the quirks and can be seen if you know what to look for?

This peaked my curiousity. What exactly should I look for so I can check?
    I don't know if you saw the link I posted but check it out(http://www.ralphdavisreptiles.com/f...716&whichpage=8). There is a lot of info in that post. Try watching your snake cruise around the cage when the lights go out. You will notice it easier at night.
    John Vandegrift

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JBallPython
    I did find that one of my normal females has a slight "tick"...she'll be sitting still but her head very slightly waves back and forth. Kind of interesting to watch...like was said, sometimes it can be so minor that its hard to pick up on, but hers is definitely there.
    -Jason
    Bingo thats it!
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban

Thanks

You're joking right? That can't possibly be a sign of spinning. A snake looking up at you when you open the tub? I have corns, BP's, boas and childrens pythons that do that.
    My pastel does it, a few of my normals, my hets, and my spider. My albino and some of the others just kinda sits there. My male Bluefields looks straight at me.

They always look thinking food is coming although the spider and one of my male childrens pythons looks straight at me then starts crawling over to come out of the tub.

This is basically what I see from each tub when I slide it open.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JBallPython
    -Jason
    That's more along what I was thinking to look for. I'm going to check for any type of this movement.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

No not like that I mean neck flat on the bottom and head at a 90 degree angle trust me it looks crazy as all get out. Mine does the little shake every now and then I don't notice in as much now that hes getting bigger. I'll try and get a pic to night if he'll do it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Freakie_frog
    No not like that I mean neck flat on the bottom and head at a 90 degree angle trust me it looks crazy as all get out. Mine does the little shake every now and then I don't notice in as much now that hes getting bigger. I'll try and get a pic to night if he'll do it.
    Ah. Now I get it. Sorta cocked to one side. OK. Haven't seen any weird stare from her. I'm going to have to check on the waving stuff. I'll watch at night since that is usually when she is the most active and see what I can notice.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Ah. Now I get it. Sorta cocked to one side. OK. Haven't seen any weird stare from her. I'm going to have to check on the waving stuff. I'll watch at night since that is usually when she is the most active and see what I can notice.
    excuse my drawing but it would look something like this.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

see head straight up

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast