A few weeks ago my boyfriend and I went to the store to pick up some mice. Riding home in the car, I was looking into the tank and I noticed that one of the mice was doing nothing but running in counter-clockwise circles in the corner of the tank while the other 5 mice were napping. Interested, I picked him up. He looked normal, just like every other feeder mouse we've gotten. But as the night wore on, we fell in love with him. He simply never turns right, he always turns left, and he's been tame and a little sweetheart from the moment we got him.

Showing him to my mom, she quickly fell in love with him too, and the next thing I know, she'd gone to the pet store and bought an actual pet mouse. However, her amusement with her quickly died, especially since the little mouse was nowhere near as tame as ours. And so she gave her mouse to us to keep ours company.

A few days later, while my boyfriend was at work, one of my friends and I got into an accident involving kool-aid and our little feeder mouse

Not that any of you reeeaaally needed all that back story, but it does make the picture easier to understand [because why would any normal person have a brown mouse and a blue mouse?]

So, here is Mrs. Brisby and Nimh

Nimh

Mrs. Brisby

You know, I always told myself we'd never keep mice as pets