Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,748

3 members and 1,745 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,092
Threads: 248,529
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero

Thread: Big Beardies?

Thanks

Big Beardies?

Someone I work with has two bearded dragons. I'm not sure if they are male or female but they live in a 6x3x3 cage and are fed crickets and veggies and I believe mealworms as well, but I'm not sure about the worms. Well she got them sometime in Demember. When she got them, they could sit on her finger. Their hatch date was sometime in November.

I gave her the url to this site and told her to join, but now I'm very curious. These dragons are only 3 months old and she says that tails included, they are over 18 inches long. She says she was given a growth chart and they are way over thier normal size for thier age. Mine never grew that fast. Could they be German Giants? Or are they just growing fast? From hatchling size to over 18 inches seems like a lot in 3 months to me.
    Under Construction.....

BPnet Veteran MATT FISHER REPTILES's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Big Beardies?

even germans dont grow that fast. i think she may of had them for three months but i doubt thay are three months old. did she hatch them out or did she buy them from a breeder.

i.e. sometimes breeders will say thay are younger than they are because baby beardeds sell faster. kind of like puppies. no one wants a dog but every one wants pups. hahahaha.
    MATT FISHER REPTILES

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/74
    i keep about 105 balls. and a few boas. creasted and lepord geckos.

Thanks

Re: Big Beardies?

She said when she got them, they were small enough to sit on her finger. Their bodies were smaller than her finger. She got them from a breeder, and the breeder said they were born in mid to late November. I can't remember which. When Raven gave me a guess on thier length when she got them, I would say they were five inches, not including thier tails, and that is probably too much.
    Under Construction.....