Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,007

0 members and 2,007 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2

Thread: off to the vet

Thanks

off to the vet

well im off to the vet to get my geckos checked out since they still have diarhea a week later. got a good sample to bring along with the gecko so hopefuly its nothing to extreme. im leaving in the next hour so i will post when i get some results.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,322 Times in 1,367 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: off to the vet

good luck--hopefully the vet will be able to determine the cause of the runny stools and start your leos on a good treatment plan. let us know how it goes.
    - Emily

Thanks

the vet said physically she looked almost perfect, she said her tail could be a little fatter but was nothing to worry about. i dont get the fecal results until tommorow or the day after. she did give me a general dewormer to treat the three geckos with over the next 5 days. the stuff is called pancur the dose is only .02ml per gecko.

Thanks

the results came back negative now i have no idea whats wrong, im going to finish treating with panacur for the next 3 days. If tehy dont get better the vet said they could be tested for crypto but that is a 75 buck test and treatment is over 100, I just dont have the money. Im hoping theyl just get better after the treatment adn i wont have to worry about that. has anyone had any experience with crypto and treatments?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,322 Times in 1,367 Posts
    Blog Entries

it could very well be that they have internal parasites and that the panacur will take care of it.

i have never had crypto in any of my animals, but if the panacur doesn't resolve the problem you really do need to have them tested for it and treated if necessary as it can be fatal.

EDIT: ok i re-read your post, and you are saying that the fecals came back negative for internal parasites? in any case, finish the panacur and see if it helps at all and then you can decide if further tests are needed.
    - Emily