Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 714

1 members and 713 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2

Thread: The 06's

Thanks

The 06's

Just a quick update on our four 06's...

Muirne (the one I bought for Mike for Father's Day...okay pitiful excuse..I wanted the snake but hey...worked for me ) is doing beautifully. She continues to be the only hold out for mice but lordy does she love her mice! Super good eater and a right on par size wise and weight wise with the rat eating 06's.

Cara (the one Robin gifted me with) has switched from mice to rats. She continues to be an absolute sweetheart of a snake with the most gorgeous flames. We dream of the day she and Riordan our YB male will make nice babies together.

Riordan (the YB male) is just blowing us away. Each shed brings out more of his good looks. He's about the most non-prey specific ball python ever born. He's taken both mice and rats and couldn't care less...if it's warm and furry...it's dinnertime! LOL He's on rats now with us and doing wonderfully well.

Little Buddy (the youngest of the 06's and the one Adam so kindly gifted to our 5 year old son Mikey) is a flat out hoot of a snake. He's the youngest but the more fierce. Open his baby tub on feeding night and you are faced with one little but very determined ball python. I swear if a snake can glare at you, Buddy is glaring! He's all about "where's my rat!!!!!" and all business. Mikey puts in his dinner and then Buddy hovers over the rat glaring at us until we back off and leave him to eat in peace. Nobody but nobody is getting between Buddy and his din din LOL. Just so funny to see such a little fellow so determined to keep the big warm humans off HIS rat! He reminds me a lot of big Brannagh and her impressive drive to feed. Buddy is going to be one big healthy mature male one day but then Malachi the 05 male we bought from Adam is an impressively big male too for his age.

We never did find sweet Helori . We've looked, searched and prayed and have pretty much accepted that she's gone on to the great hide in the sky, so to speak. Mikey continues to ask about her and talk about finding her one day...it's a bit heartbreaking but the best way a 5 year old can handle this type of loss I guess. We have her cage card on the wall and lovely pics of her to remember the special time one small snake spent in our lives.

It's such fun working with the little snakes. I adore our big ones, and dream of the day the sub-adults will grow up but these 06's....well they just steal your heart away.

Once they've all digested properly I'll get some new pics. A couple of them just shed so everybody is looking particularily spiffy.
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

Re: The 06's

It's nice to hear all of them are coming along good and w/ gusto.
    I just love young bp's they seem to have so much rip and roar to them as oppose to when they get older and sort of chill out.

Thanks for the updates and congrats on everything going well

Sorry to hear no new good info on your MIA
    You never know one day she may just pop out from where ever she has been hiding. Will keep sending good vibes your way.
    ~ Johanna ~ aka Jody

"The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be measured by the way it's animals are treated"
    ~ Mahatma Gandhi~

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Awww - it's nice to hear updates on them and I can't wait to see the updated picture of these kiddos!

Thanks

Well Mike is off work today and tonight will be 48 hours after feeding so maybe we'll do some pics of the kiddies for this thread.
    ~~Joanna~~