Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,983

1 members and 2,982 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks

Gravid or not Gravid, that is the question

Ma-tsu shed on the 28th of January after multiple Neptune shaggings since late November. I let her be since then, set up the nesting box, and have waited. She's acting very much like her usual self since she shed, cruising, and for the life of me I can't tell if she's actually gravid or not. I think she is, but I second guess it as my imagination. I've tried feeling for follicles, but again I can't really tell what's going on.

Is it possible that I'm crazy and she's not gravid? After how long should I give up and go "Maybe next year"? And should she be this active if she is indeed gravid?

~Sheree~

Because Snakes are Beautiful!
    http://www.bluegorgon.com/

4.1 snakes so far (Gomez, Falkor, Ma-tsu, Neptune, Irwin)
    2.1 house rabbits (Daphne, Bowie, Unut)
    0.1 Jeweled Lacerta (Dana)
    In loving memory of Cleo
    1989-2007

Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 888 Posts

Re: Gravid or not Gravid, that is the question

Quote Originally Posted by MedusasOwl
    Ma-tsu shed on the 28th of January after multiple Neptune shaggings since late November. I let her be since then, set up the nesting box, and have waited. She's acting very much like her usual self since she shed, cruising, and for the life of me I can't tell if she's actually gravid or not. I think she is, but I second guess it as my imagination. I've tried feeling for follicles, but again I can't really tell what's going on.

Is it possible that I'm crazy and she's not gravid? After how long should I give up and go "Maybe next year"? And should she be this active if she is indeed gravid?

Hmmm since i have never had this type of snake i can only give my corn snake info i guess.I would keep a eye on her for the next several days as my corns never drop eggs when i want them to lol.
    Joe Haggard

Thanks

I'd be more patient if Karen didn't have the pressure on her to find out if I can go with her on a cruise thing she won from work in April. All expenses paid, and we've never been on any kind of real vacation just the two of us before (even if there will be work related meetings and stuff there!) But if we have eggs, I don't think I can go. It's kind of a stupid problem, but I worry a lot about the kids and I wouldn't want to leave the incubator or pippies unattended even just for a weekend.
    ~Sheree~

In loving memory of Cleo
    1989-2007

Thanks

Deffanatly look for her to shed again! And she should plump up. If they are anything like corns you will notice when she is gravid and about to lay eggs. She will also start digging. Good luck!

Thanks

I'd be more patient if Karen didn't have the pressure on her to find out if I can go with her on a cruise thing she won from work in April. All expenses paid, and we've never been on any kind of real vacation just the two of us before (even if there will be work related meetings and stuff there!) But if we have eggs, I don't think I can go. It's kind of a stupid problem, but I worry a lot about the kids and I wouldn't want to leave the incubator or pippies unattended even just for a weekend.
    Is thier someone that could check on them or take them in till you get back? Yea it would be heart breaking if she laid while you were gone.
    Joe Haggard

Thanks

I decided to go ahead and give Karen the okay for the trip as my gift for Valentines. If Ma-tsu is going to lay it will definitely be before April and someone peeking in on the incubator for me for a couple of days shouldn't be a problem, methinks. Eee! If we could cash in the trip for more practical uses, we definitely would, but since it's a work thing it's trip or nothin. So trip it is!
    ~Sheree~

In loving memory of Cleo
    1989-2007

Thanks

I decided to go ahead and give Karen the okay for the trip as my gift for Valentines. If Ma-tsu is going to lay it will definitely be before April and someone peeking in on the incubator for me for a couple of days shouldn't be a problem, methinks. Eee! If we could cash in the trip for more practical uses, we definitely would, but since it's a work thing it's trip or nothin. So trip it is!
    Well thats great .Now you try not to think about home and at least have a little fun .Remind us when you go on the trip so we all can give you our lists of stuff we want from your trip since you are leaving us at home also .
    Joe Haggard

Thanks

Hopefully, what I will bring back will be lottsa pictures! It's the relaxing and not thinking about home that'll be the hard part. I need to train my critters to answer the phone and punch in some kind of code for "Everything's Fine."
    ~Sheree~

In loving memory of Cleo
    1989-2007