Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 526

1 members and 525 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Ziggy31984 (40)

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Noel's Vet Visit Today

So, Noel has been on the new medication since Thursday, and we had an appointment today for Dr. C to see how she was doing. He sort of peeked his head in the door and said "well?".

I grinned at him and said that there was improvement for the first time, and he burst into a huge smile and said "give me that little bugger!!" Of course he set her down on the cold table and she promptly annointed the table with pee! LOL

He was very happy with her progress, I asked him if he thought another steroid shot would help, and he agreed, so she got a cortosine (sp?) shot and was sent on her way. I asked if he wanted to see her again, he said only if she started to fail again - but then ammended it to, he'd love to see her when she was healthy again, so he could see how well she was doing.

I thanked him profusely for never giving up on her and he said "aww, I like rats. But I REALLY like THIS rat!" So, I was at the payment desk (just charged for the shot) and the gal joked "the rat doctor"! I said "Dr C, if I had insisted on putting her to sleep last Thursday, you were going to abscond with her and take her home with you weren't you?" He said "yeah, actually I had already decided that I really wanted to save her - she's a sweetheart and deserved every chance she could get. I wouldn't have been able to sleep at night if I knew we hadn't tried everything".

So the COOL thing was he said "let me ask you a huge favor. Will you take some pictures of your enclosures and write up something on how to properly house ball pythons so that I can write up a brochure to give to other ball python owners who are having problems with getting theirs to eat? You're the only one I know who has non-fasters, so I know you're doing something right!"

Of course I agreed, and I plan to also put something about checking out ball-pythons.net if they need more information on the care of their ball pythons.

I'm also the person Dr. C has on speed dial if any of his clients decide to surrenender their ball pythons!

I love my vet!

Thanks

Re: Noel's Vet Visit Today

Wow Robin! You've had a wonderful day! It's like good karma times 20! So glad Noel is doing better and you have the opportunity to educate other herpers who are in need. Your vet sounds awesome!

Wendy
    Wendy

0.1 Het Hypo BP (Breena)
    1.1 German Shepard (KA-ZAR & Cody)
    0.1 Gargoyle Gecko
    0.1 Creamsicle corn (Trixie)
    0.1 Lavendar het motley corn (Lily)
    1.0 Motley Corn (Jackson)

BPnet Veteran recycling goddess's Avatar
    Thanks

what a GREAT story!!! i am so pleased to hear that not only do you have a really great vet... but you also have a recovering rattie!
    in light, Aleesha

You have 1440 minutes a day... how are you going to spend yours?

Thanks

Thats great robin, glad to hear noel is doing better, and that you get to share your wealth of bp knowladge for all to read at his office. that must make you feel REAl good. Good luck with that.
    Joe

Thanks

Oh Robin that's great news! I was half afraid to open this topic, worried I'd read that she'd gone downhill again.
    But this is great news!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Awesomeness all the way around, Robin!!
    -- Judy

Thanks

Great news Robin! It's too bad you can't bottle your vet and sell him to otehrs who aren't so lucky . . . . he sounds just amazing.
    Alice

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." Herm Albright

Thanks

Wonderful news about Noel! Hopefully this next shot will turn her completely around. Congrats on working with your vet to help other bp owners they service to have a better time of it.
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Thanks everyone - Dr. Contarino reminds me a lot of the vet on Emergency Vets. Kevin something? The gray haired vet that sees reptiles. He's got that same gentle demeanor to him.

He was funny last night and goes "I can't believe I'm talking to a rat!"

It really is cute to watch him love on her and talk to her!