Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 532

1 members and 531 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Ziggy31984 (40)

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus

Thread: Expecting?

Thanks

Expecting?

Hey all-

I checked on the mece (mice) today and well I saw something out of place. The male was sleeping outside of the wooden hide under the wheel. Which i no big thing because the male and female would sleep together under the wheel before I got the hide. The only thing was that the female was in the hide. Both were snoozing soundly. It just seemed odd that the male was not sleeping with the female.

When I checked on the female her eyes were open, so I know i woke her up but she just looked at me and didn't do anything. She seems kinda plump but I can't be so sure. There body lenght is about 2 inches not including the tail. The tail adds another inch. I know mice will breed when they are sexually mature and that she maybe small, but when I should the pictures can someone tell me if she maybe preggers?

Once both of them were up and aware I was there, I picked up the female to check to see if there was a sperm plug inside her. i know it may have fallen out, but I still checked. When I did I could clearly make out her nipples.

Could her sending the male from the nest, her plumpness, and her nipples showing well be signs of a pregency? It's just so hard believing that something only a few inches big could carry a few babies...

Now onto the pics....sorry for the quality but she doesn't like me very much and is determined to run away if held.

Layna

Thanks

Re: Expecting?

*bump*

She's kicked him out of the house. Anytime he comes near she nips at him....
    Layna

Thanks

Haha, poor boy. I'd expect some babies after she looks like she swallowed two shooter marbles. Won't be too long if she's already acting like that.
    --Becky--
    ?.? Normals, 1.0 100% Het Pied Classic Jungle, 1.0 Yellow Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Butterscotch Hypo, 0.1 100% Het VPI Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Yellow Hypo, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Yellowbellies, 0.1 YB Granite, 1.0 Black Pastel, 1.0 Lemon Pastel, 0.1 50% Possible Het Banded Albino, 0.1 Spider, 1.0 Fire, 0.2 Granite

Thanks

LOL yeah he wants to be by her too. He keep running up to her and stopping a few inches away, then when she gets up to move at him, he'll squeak and turn around. It's rather cute. Hopefully he's not putting to much pressure on her. Then again I was poking around the cage. I'll try not to disturb her tomorrow when I do my maintence.

Yeeeeee I am gonna be a grandma!
    Layna