Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,945

1 members and 2,944 guests
AR29,
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
    Thanks

Another new tank and some questions.

SO I have another tank now for fish, its a 30 gallon tank. We have a big plastic preformed pond liner outside and I brought it in and now our turtles are in the indoor pond, so I have their old tank for fish now. Im in the process of cleaning it and I got a filter and a heater in the mail yesterday so im looking for ideas on fish. I just have to set it up and let it run for a week.

Thanks

Re: Another new tank and some questions.

I guess it just depends on what direction you want to go in.. a community tank.. or a species-specific tank.. 30g could be a nice space for some angelfish.. or a goldfish tank.. the sky's the limit!
    -Jen. Back in the hobby after a hiatus!
    Ball pythons:
    0.1 normal; 1.1 albino. 1.0 pied; 0.1 het pied; 1.0 banana.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ginevive
    I guess it just depends on what direction you want to go in.. a community tank.. or a species-specific tank.. 30g could be a nice space for some angelfish.. or a goldfish tank.. the sky's the limit!
    I would really like to get a Angel Fish or 2 (I have read that they are semi-agressive). Along with some others. I love the way certain chiclids (sp?) look but I dont know how they would do in a 30 along with other fish. I would like this to be a community tank.

Thanks

If you want to go cichlids, you can always go with the smaller South American ones..Rams, Apistogrammas (so many options with that one)..They're so colorful and have such a presence in the tank. I've never had an agression problem with mine (4 Rams and 1 Apistogramma agassizi). They're in a 20 H at the moment (I'll be moving soon and they'll be going into either a 35 or a 55) with some platies, glowlite tetras and cory cats. The tank has all low-light live plants and plenty of rock forms to hide, and they never bother the other fish. They chase each other around occassionally to keep in check, but that's usually only if one crosses the other's territory. I do a 20-25% water change every week since its a bit over-stocked and everyone is doing great! (Working at an aquarium store tends to lead one over-stocking...lol)
    ~Lisa
    0.1 Children's Python, "Isis"
    0.1 Spotted Python, "Cora"
    1.1 Dogs, "Coco"- Cockapoo, "Thumper"- mutt 0.1 Cat, "Jinx"