Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,140

2 members and 3,138 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks

Unhappy Burm needs help!

at the mall near my house there is a pet store. I am worried about the 6ft+ Albino Burm they have. It sits in a cage with no belly heat on the glass... they dont give it any substrate and there is a snot like substance comming out of its nose... It just looks horrible... I want to say something but its not my place... I am a teenager so I dout he would listen to me anyway. If you saw this snake you would burst into tears... It just looks so sad... I want to help it but i have no authority on the subject. Any Ideas?
    ~*Luna*~ The crazy Sagittarius/Snake BP Lady
    Cal and Ki's Proud Mommy.
    ~~* Goddess Bless*~~
    1.0.0- Normal Ball Python (Kyros "Ki")
    0.1.0- Normal*Spider sibling*Ball Python(Calypso"Cal")
    1.0.0- Betta fish (Leonidas "Leo")
    Steve Irwin (2/22/62 - 9/4/06)
    Sagittarius- Shockingly blunt since the beginning of time!

Thanks

Re: Burm needs help!

Take pics and make sure they find their way to animal services. they will probably say it's a rescue, which it may have been. Should they question your reasoning behind the pics, be honest. tell them you think it's in pretty poor condition and you're taking pics to send to animal services...maybe that will get them to fix his cage up.

Thanks

Personally if you take pics I'd say just b.s. them that you need them for some school project or something since being honest is going to get your butt likely kicked out of the store. Contact a local herp group in your area if one exists, call Animal Control/Humane Society and insist they protect this poor creature, heck write a letter to whoever owns that mall that one of their stores is selling an obviously sick living animal and letting it infect everything else around it. Even if it's a "rescue" (which I highly doubt) no sick creature should be on display and in the general population of any pet store.
    ~~Joanna~~

Banned
    Thanks

If there is snot forming at the nose, then the animal probably has a Respiratory infection. Burmese Pythons, and African Rock Pythons are very sensitive to temperatures and humidity, as well as changes in them. If the animal doesn't get helped, it will more than likely die. The animal is not being cared for properly, which can and will count as a form of abuse and mistreatment which animal control will enforce. Call them up and report it. The owner will more than likely get a ticket/fine, and it will possibly change his mind about his husbandry practices.