Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,430

3 members and 3,427 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Today was goodbye

I'm c/p'ing from my blog, so I don't have to type this out again.

Trying to find the words to memorialize Zane is really hard.
    I guess the first thing most people noticed about him was how absolutely beautiful he was. And he knew it, of course.
    The second thing would be how pissed he was at most humans for existing in HIS world. It took effort to get on Zane's good side, but once you got there, you were part of his family. And he was very protective of his family. Any new babies that came into the house were HIS babies, and ya better not mess with them. Jeff messed with Luna one day, and found out what it was like to have cat teeth inside his big toe! He would also come and meow at us if Marc was crying when he was a baby. He could not stand to hear Marc cry, and he let us know it.
    The most special thing about Zane to me was the fact that he would play tag with me. And he was good at it, too, quite sneaky in his attacks. He would crack me up and give me a good workout at the same time.
    The most annoying thing about Zane was his tendancy to completely ignore the "no getting on the countertops" rule the minute everyone went to bed. And if the dishwasher was on the drying cycle, you can bet Zane was on the counter enjoying the heat. He loved that so much that I always let him get away with it.
    He was sick for over a year, but we were able to control it with medication. The last ten days, he just went downhill so fast, I still can't believe it happened. Today Dr. Ali and I decided that nothing we had tried was working, and to let Zane slowly starve to death would be cruel. Zane passed peacefully in the vet's office at 12:30 PM today. He will always be loved and missed, and never forgotten.

Banned
    Thanks

Re: Today was goodbye

Awwww Sarah....I'm so sorry

Thanks

Wow, so sorry to hear that! Loosing a pet is hard, even when you know its for the best! Zane def was a cutie, and I'm sure he's knocking the ladies socks off up in kitty heaven.....

Thanks

Thanks, Andrew and Susan. It's a very sad day for my family. Right now it feels like I'll never stop crying.

Thanks

Very sorry for your loss, My dog Alfie past away last year and was sick for awhile just like your Zane. It never gets any easier to lose a pet, just take comfort in knowing that he is resting comfortably now.
    ~Jack~
    2.1 bps (Monty, Ceasar, & Honey)
    1.0 colombian red tail boa (Shadow)
    0.1 banded water snake (Homer)
    1.0 leopard gecko (Gex)

Thanks

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your cat. I know how it feels to lose a pet and its something that takes time to get over. Hang in there...

BPnet Veteran recycling goddess's Avatar
    Thanks

and here's another for later
    in light, Aleesha

You have 1440 minutes a day... how are you going to spend yours?

Thanks

Oh im so sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is to loose an animal. My thoughts are with you

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SarahMB
    Thanks, Andrew and Susan. It's a very sad day for my family. Right now it feels like I'll never stop crying.
    No problem!

I just know its hard! I remember when my parents had to put our dog down. She was old(maybe around 15), and had gotten to the point where she wasn't able to walk.

I was young at that time and wasn't able to grasp the fact that, that was actually the best thing for her! I was crushed, we had her basically my whole life.

We ended up going to the local animal shelter and coming home with a new puppy! It really took me a while to actually accept and love the new puppy.

But back to the point....I know its hard! Just have to remember and appreciate the times you got to spend with Zane, and remember the fact that he couldn't have had a better life with out the love your family had to give him!

Thanks

Sarah I'm sorry to hear about this. Having recently lost a cat myself I can sympathize. He knew he was loved and was such a gorgeous boy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast