Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 600

1 members and 599 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Ziggy31984 (40)

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,312 Times in 1,363 Posts
    Blog Entries

mouse in the house

so i have two female mice that i keep as...pets? (originally i used them for food and for scenting rats but my only mouse eater has been converted so i have had these two females for a while now.) anyhow, one of them escaped today during cage cleaning and ran into the laundry room and up under the dryer. so now she is somewhere up in there--we lifted it but couldn't see anything--it is mostly enclosed but has some gaps big enough for a mouse to fit into.

any hints on luring her out? i have a critter keeper with litter and food and some cheese in it set on its side so she might come out and i might just by chance catch her in there in time enough to get her or shut the lid so she can't get out. i turned the dryer on (briefly) to see if it would scare her out, but no. i banged, poked, prodded, nothing but a little scuffle every now and again.

gah! how to get her out!?
    - Emily

Thanks

Re: mouse in the house

:eek: I am so sorry but I had to laugh when I read that. I am not really sure how you would get her out. Just like you said...you have the dilemna of her running back into the dryer when she sees you. I can commiserate (sp?) with you though. Three days ago I brought out my rats for play time on my bed and brought out the new baby for the first time. She proceeded to skirt down the bedspread hit the floor and go under the bed! When I moved the bed because she had gone into the corner that is against the wall...of course...my middle support of the bedframe came off!!! Had to tear the whole bed apart to get it back together:eek: Hubby threatened me with my life if I let the rats out again Of course I just had to let him calm down a little...the girls were out the next day Best of luck to you!
    -Lisa
    1.0.0 bp Zeke, 2.0.0 chihuahuas- Paco and Peanut, 2.0.0 cresties Chomper and Harley, 0.2.0 rat Snow and Baby 0.2.0 cats-Billie and Bell, 0.1.0 rose tarantula-Rosie,0.1.0 Leopard Gecko-Pebbles, RIP Speedy

Thanks
    Blog Entries

ha yeah i think if it was a rat loose my husband would be a little more agitated about it. i'd rather it be a rat though. my rats aren't afraid of me so they aren't so quick to run! freaking mouse...i don't really care for them but i ended up with 2 that didn't get eaten so now i have them. and i don't handle them so they will run... bah!
    - Emily

Thanks

i also laughed gently on the inside when i got to "i turned the dryer on..."

Thanks

I'm with Lisa, and sorry to admit I'm over here sypathetically giggling over here. I know it's got to be driving you mad, but I'm just soooo glad it's not in my laundry room.

My daughter was holding one of our younger ratties, and dropped her. She immediately dashed up into this child's recliner. It took me 10 minutes, but I finally got her out of there. I don't EVER want to tell my hubby that I lost a rat in our house. I'd be toast.
    Christie
    Reptile Geek

Cause when push comes to shove you taste what you're made of
    You might bend, till you break cause its all you can take
    On your knees you look up decide you've had enough
    You get mad you get strong wipe your hands shake it off
    Then you Stand

BPnet Veteran recycling goddess's Avatar
    Thanks

um... i don't think the cheese will help catch her LOL how about getting a live trap and setting it up with some super yummy food like a pork chop bone nice and hot and smelling yummy?
    in light, Aleesha

You have 1440 minutes a day... how are you going to spend yours?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

fine, fine, maybe it is a little funny. i do have some rib bones that i doled out to the rats tonight and have a few left over. maybe i'll try one of those. i supposed a live trap would be a good thing to have around anyhow seeing as how there are an awful lot of rodents in this household. if little miss mouse comes out of hiding tonight and the kitties see her...well, may god have mercy on her little brown hiney. :o
    - Emily

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mlededee
    fine, fine, maybe it is a little funny. i do have some rib bones that i doled out to the rats tonight and have a few left over. maybe i'll try one of those. i supposed a live trap would be a good thing to have around anyhow seeing as how there are an awful lot of rodents in this household. if little miss mouse comes out of hiding tonight and the kitties see her...well, may god have mercy on her little brown hiney. :o

Any luck yet? Maybe a siting at least?
    Christie
    Reptile Geek

Cause when push comes to shove you taste what you're made of
    You might bend, till you break cause its all you can take
    On your knees you look up decide you've had enough
    You get mad you get strong wipe your hands shake it off
    Then you Stand

Thanks
    Blog Entries

nothing. as far as i know she is still in the dryer. my kitty, nigel, is determined to fit his arm up into a hole in the back of it and inspector gadget his paw all the way up into where ever she is.
    - Emily

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mlededee
    nothing. as far as i know she is still in the dryer. my kitty, nigel, is determined to fit his arm up into a hole in the back of it and inspector gadget his paw all the way up into where ever she is.
    "...inspector gadget his paw..."

Okay, now I have the giggles.

I vote on the live trap too...
    0.1 ball python (Cleo), 0.1 surinam bcc (Carmen)
    1.0 sunglow motley corn (Jenson), 1.0 albino burmese (Lourdes)
    1.0 cat (Nicky), some mooses and ratters, 1.0 hubby (Rick)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast