Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,986

0 members and 2,986 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
    Thanks

Puppy Tame ETB???

Ok, so I went to go get some snake food yesterday and I stumbled upon a
    5 1/2ft ETB I've seen babies but OMG this thing was gorgeous! I was so tempted to buy it when they told me they were asking only $350 w/arboreal tank...

I was hesitant to take it out of the tank for the fear of the bite I could receive but after reaching in and just taking it out I have to say... It was as Tame as hell!?!? Appearantly the guy who had it got it as a baby and held it ALOT. IT was a pet but of course a display animal as well. It appeared very healthy and didn't look underweight, dehydrated or anything...Although I believe it was going into shed because it was a little dark... but other than that it was awesome! I held it for 5 or 10 minutes and it was the coolest thing! I don't know whether it was a male or female but man. What a beautiful Animal to add to your collection.

I'll tell ya though... I'd let my big female ball tag me as much as she can before I allow or let that ETB get me once! Not that my ball would do that she's one of the nicest snakes I've owned...

Anyways, that was my excitement last night...Holding a super tame ETB that was beatiful as heck!

Thanks

Re: Puppy Tame ETB???

Geesh Steven, you resisted buying it! I'm impressed!
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

please do not take this wrong but anyone who holds a baby etb ALOT isnt to experienced as they have extremely delicate spines
    jeff

steve,

the man that started it all 5 years ago. thank you for getting me into the wonderful world of herpetoligy.
    you are and will always will be my idol.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by uro1001
    please do not take this wrong but anyone who holds a baby etb ALOT isnt to experienced as they have extremely delicate spines
    That isn't quite accurate. ETB neonates are quite a bit larger than GTP hatchlings. Handling is absolutely necessary to make sure everything is ok. Although I don't recommend extended periods of handling, we handle our new borns on a daily basis. The only way I can see one getting kinks is by forcing them from a perch. If done properly there isn't much chance of hurting them. People who have fixed perches in an emeralds cage are those most likely to hurt their emerald when removing them from the cage. Also, this is one of the main reasons an emerald shows "aggression".

Craig

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frankykeno
    Geesh Steven, you resisted buying it! I'm impressed!
    Yeah I'm actually impressed that I didn't buy it myself. I had the cash in my pocket and that thing was so beautiful!!! like it just seemed like a really good deal on it but I just wasn't so sure ya know? BUt...I may end up taking it off his hands a little later but don't it will be there long. I'll bet that it gets sold quick...
    I just can't get over how beautiful and how big it was...never seen an ETB or GTP that big!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by djslurp1200
    Yeah I'm actually impressed that I didn't buy it myself. I had the cash in my pocket and that thing was so beautiful!!! like it just seemed like a really good deal on it but I just wasn't so sure ya know? BUt...I may end up taking it off his hands a little later but don't it will be there long. I'll bet that it gets sold quick...
    I just can't get over how beautiful and how big it was...never seen an ETB or GTP that big!
    Sounds like a wise move on your part. And it still sounds like a great deal, too. But no matter how good the deal and if you have money in your pocket....it's always wisest to wait and sleep on it. Both when considering spending a lot of money on something impulsive, and even more importantly when considering taking in a live animal that will depend on you for its well being.

If, after taking the time to consider all the angles and ups and downs of taking on a new snake such as this and you still want it.....go get it!!!
    -- Judy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JLC
    Sounds like a wise move on your part. And it still sounds like a great deal, too. But no matter how good the deal and if you have money in your pocket....it's always wisest to wait and sleep on it. Both when considering spending a lot of money on something impulsive, and even more importantly when considering taking in a live animal that will depend on you for its well being.

If, after taking the time to consider all the angles and ups and downs of taking on a new snake such as this and you still want it.....go get it!!!
    Well for me I have other things to take care of first. I've looked up on a few differen't kinds of snakes that i am thinking about adding to my collection and this is one of them. I don't honestly think I'll be getting this animal at the moment...I would have no problem taking care of it and I would love looking at it for the rest of "it's" life...but for now it was just a really bad tease lol...