Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,855

1 members and 2,854 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Spiders????

Thanks

Re: Spiders????

Quote Originally Posted by Entropy
    Actually I have seen some very nice clean spiders in the 750-800 range so I can't really agree that it's as graded as say the pastels.
    The people who make a silly name like "insert name here Reptiles" and call themselves a breeder without any real idea how to act like a REAL business are the ones who use a low price point as their sole promotion strategy; those are the ones who dump prices, and in my opinion, accelerate the price drops relative to what normal supply and demand would do.

Just because some clown sells a spider for $750, everyone automatically assumes that's what they are worth. You can do so much with the spider mutation that its not even funny. Just look at all the combos out there. Any good ball collection would be incomplete without one.

Its really pathetic, in my opinion.

Oh yeah, these market threads suck.
    -Brad

Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by elevatethis
    The people who make a silly name like "insert name here Reptiles" and call themselves a breeder without any real idea how to act like a REAL business are the ones who use a low price point as their sole promotion strategy; those are the ones who dump prices, and in my opinion, accelerate the price drops relative to what normal supply and demand would do.

Just because some clown sells a spider for $750, everyone automatically assumes that's what they are worth. You can do so much with the spider mutation that its not even funny. Just look at all the combos out there. Any good ball collection would be incomplete without one.

Its really pathetic, in my opinion.

Oh yeah, these market threads suck.
    Ever so true
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"

Thanks

I'll be honost though... If I was in the market for a spider RIGHT NOW... And I went to a show and I saw a couple vendors with some clean patterned beautiful spiders but "vendor A" wanted $1,000 and "vendor B'' wanted $750... IF both vendors had a good rep (say on the BOI) for customer service/and healthy animals... I'd personally go for "vendor B", Nothing against Vendor A but, if both animals were healthy and just as clean as the other... There's nothing wrong with saving an extra $250 and investing it elsewhere...maybe a rack, another animal (possibly even something Vendor A had that vender b didn't) or more supplies...

Thanks

If Vendor A's spider was bigger or was a Het for something else I could see paying the extra $250... But that's my opinion...What matters to me is getting a healthy correctly sexed animal and good customer service...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by djslurp1200
    I'll be honost though... If I was in the market for a spider RIGHT NOW... And I went to a show and I saw a couple vendors with some clean patterned beautiful spiders but "vendor A" wanted $1,000 and "vendor B'' wanted $750... IF both vendors had a good rep (say on the BOI) for customer service/and healthy animals... I'd personally go for "vendor B", Nothing against Vendor A but, if both animals were healthy and just as clean as the other... There's nothing wrong with saving an extra $250 and investing it elsewhere...maybe a rack, another animal (possibly even something Vendor A had that vender b didn't) or more supplies...
    Of course you would! ... Nothing wrong with being on a tight budget and looking for deals! ... The cool thing about this hobby is that there are breeders that cater to customers on every level.

-adam
    Click Below to Fight The National Python & Boa Ban

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    - Anna Sewell, author of Black Beauty

Thanks

What also doesn't help is when clowns jump on forums and brag about the great deal they got, and seeing that over and over basically devalues the animal in the minds of everyone.

Its like buying a stock and announcing to the world, "look how much cheaper I got this, the price keeps going down and down!"- then that clown goes to sell that stock, and cries about how they can't get but a small margin of what they originally paid.
    -Brad

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by djslurp1200
    If Vendor A's spider was bigger or was a Het for something else I could see paying the extra $250.
    You're not going to find a spider anywhere het for anything that's only $250 more than a normal spider.

-adam

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Wysocki
    You're not going to find a spider anywhere het for anything that's only $250 more than a normal spider.

-adam
    What about het for normal?
    -Brad

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elevatethis
    What also doesn't help is when clowns jump on forums and brag about the great deal they got, and seeing that over and over basically devalues the animal in the minds of everyone.
    I say good for the people that get the deals! ... They have a right to brag!

-adam

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Wysocki
    Of course you would! ... Nothing wrong with being on a tight budget and looking for deals! ... The cool thing about this hobby is that there are breeders that cater to customers on every level.

-adam
    But it doesn't even have to do with being on a tight budget or not... Regardless if I was shopping for an animal and even if I had $5k in my pocket I would still opt for the animal that was $250 cheaper as long as it was healthy, What I wanted to clean up after and feed and the customer service was good...

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast