Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,983

1 members and 2,982 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks

Is the deed being done...............

................or do I just miss it ?

I have a male Pastel at about 770 grams this is his first time that he gets his chance at breeding. I have been cooling him and 2 big females since October 1st. 1 of the females is a proven breeder. 2nd female I'm not sure. They are defintly females and are big enough. They both tip the scale at slightly over 2200 grams.

My day time temps year round is 84-86 degrees and starting October 1st I put on the night drop temp. I cooled them down for about a month before introduceing my Pastel with the females. For the 1st month and a half atleast the night time temps was at 79-80 degrees. I never witnessed any breeding. I thaught mabey the night time temp should be lower so I lowered it to about 75-76 degrees.

Well we're in the new year and still no sign of any breeding. I keep the Pastel with 1 female for 3 days then he's alone for 2 days then he's with the second female for 3 days and I keep repeating that patern. Now I'm not one that checks on disturbing his snakes 25 times a day so mabey I could just be missing the lock ups. But its been three months so I dought I could be missing any lock ups for this long a time. I check on all my snakes twice a day. In the morning before going to work around 4:30 am I open tubs to see if there is any lock ups every morning I'm disapointed. I have seen them coiled around eachother plenty of times but when they have been coiled around eachother I make sure and check if they are locked up and nope they havent. Sometimes while checking on them I'll find 1 in 1 hiding spot in the back and the other in the other hiding spot. I'll sometimes find them both crammed up in 1 of the hiding spots.
    The Pastel does this with both females.

I keep them in a CB-70 size breeder rack when I leave for work in the morning I turn on the lights and they have light until I shut it of around 5-6 o'clock pm. I dont have my lights riged to a timer so I do it manualy. Since I'm trying to get them to breed I only disturbed minimally. And I rarely take them out just to handle them. I open tubs check for lock ups offer food they all 3 refuse change water newspaper etc.

1 female has been refusing seince the end of September. She was eating on schedgule up until September 25. Since then she has eaten only on 10/7/06, 11/8/06, and last night 1/6/07. Befor this she would eat meduim rats now she will only take small or weanling rats f/t.

The second female I got at a show and the breeder said that she was slowing down on her feeding when I got her. She's only eaten small meals like small rats f/t her last was on 9/25/06. She hasnt eaten since.

Pastel was eating like clock work 1 small rat evry 7 days his last meal was on 10/28/06. I'm fairly new to ball pythons and this is my first attempt to breed them. I expected them to go off feed. I dont offer them food ever week because I expect them to refuse. I'll offer them meals like every 2-3 weeks.

I'm thinking my Pastel is a dud or he aint got no game so the females aint giveing him no play or mabey he's a slow starter this is his first breeding season he was hatched on summer of 2005. I probed him he's defintly a male. I probed the females too defintly females.

Anybody can point out anything I'm doing wrong or some advice on what else I can try would be greatly apreciated.
    1.0 Pastel Jungle( VPI )
    1.0 Spider (CVExotics )
    0.5 Normal (vpi) & ( constrictorsUnlimited )
    1.1 100% Het Caramel Albino 50% Het Orange Ghost (CVExotics )
    2.2 66% Caramel Albino 50% Het Orange Ghost (CVExotics)
    1.0 ButterScotch HYPO (Exotics By Nature)

Thanks

Re: Is the deed being done...............

anyone ?
    1.0 Pastel Jungle( VPI )
    1.0 Spider (CVExotics )

Thanks

Having the same thing with Blaze (Pastel in the Avatar) ... I hope I am just missing it. I have only seen him locked up once this season. He is over 800 grams, but just does not seem too interested in the females. Just going to have to wait and see ... I hope yourmale is getting it done when you are not looking...

Neil
    Bunch of BP's
    0.1 3 Toed Box Turtles (Thunderball)
    2.1 Labradoodles (Duke, Vinnie, Sophie)
    0.1 Awsome Wife - 1.2 Awesome Kids

www.sunsetpythons.com

Thanks

thanks for your reply......

I would be encourage if I would have seen atleast 1 lock up and figured he's getting it done on the down low n sneak tip but 3 months already n still nothing Im totaly discourage and feel like I wasted this breeding season cause of something I did wrong but dont know what.

Pastel in your avatar looks sweet
    1.0 Pastel Jungle( VPI )
    1.0 Spider (CVExotics )

Thanks

bumb
    1.0 Pastel Jungle( VPI )
    1.0 Spider (CVExotics )

Thanks

1.0 Pastel Jungle( VPI )
    1.0 Spider (CVExotics )