Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,805

2 members and 2,803 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
    Thanks

What the Store Guy Said

I went to the petstore I bought Zim from, today, to get the snake sexed (Female!) and also to get some frozen feeders since its time to feed Zim again. Well they were out of frozen fuzzies, and I have already skipped two feedings, so I went ahead and got a live fuzzy and brought it home. Its a long drive in my opinion to the store (20-30min) and I didn't want to have to drive back up there next week, especially since I'll be very busy next week, so I bought another fuzzy to keep alive till next friday. He said this particular fuzzy had been chewing on feed so it would probably stay alive on that until friday. (If not, I simply freeze the little guy and Zim will get a f/t next friday.)

The guy asked why not just breed my own (only one breeding pair and breed every so often to produce just enough to feed Zim.). I told him that my grandmother wouldn't allow me to get a mouse cause she's afraid of them. (Funny, she'll allow me to have Zim, but not a mouse.) He said to just tell her that I'm keeping them for food for Zim, so I started thinking. Could I get a single pair of mice and just breed them when food is needed, and freeze extras? (Keep them apart when a litter is not needed and then breed them when frozen stock is getting low.)
    Under Construction.....

Thanks

Re: What the Store Guy Said

Might be a good idea, but I'm not sure how happy the mice will be when they are separated from each other. I've also heard of females not accepting a male back again after a period of time.
    -Diana

Support Captive Breeders
    http://www.lunarboids.com

Thanks

Re: What the Store Guy Said

Hmm, that is true. Its always worth a shot. I could get two females and always keep them together, then seperate the pair I wish to breed when it comes time for the to breed. Its worth a try at least. If it comes down to it and its not working out, the store will probably take them back.
    Under Construction.....