Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,211

2 members and 3,209 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

Question about Birds and BPs

Ok well I'm planning on getting a BP soon ( I've done a lot of reading and I am ready for it) but I just have one worry. The room in which I will keep the BP has one lovebird and one conure (a small parrot) The lovebird is usually in the cage and the conure usually stays on top of the cage but I was wondering if this will cause any conflicts with the BP? I will be very careful and always make sure that the snakes tank is properly sealed when my birds are out and I will never have the birds out when the snake is out, but will just having birds in the same room get the BP antsy? Also, the bird doesn't have free roam of the room, when the conure is out she is either on her cage or on my shoulder so there won't be a chance of her landing on top of the snake tank.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,678 Times in 1,596 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Question about Birds and BPs

Ball pythons are not naturally bird eaters. I doubt that having birds around will affect the snake in any way. I have 4 Cockatiels myself, and while they are not in the same room, I've never experienced any problems. (with either the birds OR the snakes)

Thanks

There could be issues of stress between the animals, I know little about birds but I do know that my Bearded Dragon did not eat/bask or do anything when I moved his enclsorue so that he had a view of my snake enclsoure and could see my snakes, but my iquanna could care less that my burmese can see him and vice versa. I would jsut monitor the birds for any changes and make sure the snake is eating.
    -Sean
    Mazdaspeed 3, yeah its silly fast!

BPnet Veteran Pork Chops N' Corn Bread's Avatar
    Thanks

Chances are the conure can hold his own ground. My boa used to crawl around the cage area and my sun conure would come after him and try and bite. Same with the dogs. Conures are genrally pretty defensive toward there cages.
    ~Jake~
    Too many boas to list and a few balls as well