Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,610

0 members and 2,610 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Ziggy31984 (40)

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Help me for having a heart? >>>>>>

Well Dec 24th I got more food for my snakes. I always tell the guy "no cute ones". Well when I got home I saw that I had two cute ones. A black and white and a brown and white one. Both in their fuzzy / just about to open their eyes stage. I felt bad but I still tossed both in the snakes feeding tubs and walked away. I felt even more guilty and ended up taking my dog for a walk in hopes to get my mind off of those two cute ones. Half way in to it, it really started to bother me so I turned around and ran as fast as my legs could carry me back on home. Flew into the house, flew in to my room, pulled open both tubs to see that I was to late for the black and white one, but the brown and white one was hiding and still alive. I grabbed her out of there!

So now since the 24th, I've been feeding this little one regular people milk out of a little syringe. She has opened her eyes and has gotten a lot more "frisky" and wanting to explore. She is in a small container with paper towels and is sitting on a small heating pad set to the lowest setting. I didn't think she was going to make it this far, but now I'm growing attached and really want her to make it and keep her as a pet!

So please please please if anyone knows how to care for baby baby rats please let me know!
    How much should I be feeding her?
    Also is people milk enough?
    Should I be giving her baby/kitten/puppy...some kind of other formula?

I've kept rats as pets before but just never bred them or raised a baby baby one!
    Here are a few pictures - sorry they are out of focus. She is a little squirmy thing and as you can see.... she likes to wear her food.

---=ALLISON=---
    "Not everyone is going to agree or listen to what you say but I have learned to do my best to educate and hope they listen in the long run. Just keep trying to educate. There will be people out there that actually do listen and learn. -Me"

BPnet Veteran recycling goddess's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Help me for having a heart? >>>>>>

people milk... is that breastmilk or formula for babies? or are you referring to cow's milk?
    in light, Aleesha

You have 1440 minutes a day... how are you going to spend yours?

Thanks

I fed cat formula milk to our rat babies when I handraised them from 5 days of age, and recommend not to. Especially at 7days of age, but your looks A LOT healthier and bigger than the ones I handraised (only having one out of th e5 survive and now she is a happy mom of 13) We also gave her baby formula and baby cereal to help her with her poop and gain weight which she started to and start to thrive. Cows milk isnt that great and would recommend baby cereal and formula.

Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries

I don't blame you that one is cute!

When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"

Thanks

ALSO

I have bever seen a more beautiful rat in my life! Is that.. lon fur? And the pattern and all.. wow, SHE IS BEAUTIFUL! Your lucky still have her.. she is a beaut!

Thanks

Cow's milk
    ---=ALLISON=---
    "Not everyone is going to agree or listen to what you say but I have learned to do my best to educate and hope they listen in the long run. Just keep trying to educate. There will be people out there that actually do listen and learn. -Me"

Thanks

Cool, thanks for the tips!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chester & Teagan
    I fed cat formula milk to our rat babies when I handraised them from 5 days of age, and recommend not to. Especially at 7days of age, but your looks A LOT healthier and bigger than the ones I handraised (only having one out of th e5 survive and now she is a happy mom of 13) We also gave her baby formula and baby cereal to help her with her poop and gain weight which she started to and start to thrive. Cows milk isnt that great and would recommend baby cereal and formula.
    ---=ALLISON=---

BPnet Veteran Pork Chops N' Corn Bread's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm no expert but I would go with either goat milk or KMR(Kitten Milk Replacer) diluted a bit. Cow milk isn't good food for rats
    ~Jake~
    Too many boas to list and a few balls as well

Thanks

This article recommend the puppy milk replacer powder, and make sure the little one is going to the bathroom. If they are still too small then you may have to stimulate them. Here's an article that should help...
    Christie
    Reptile Geek

Cause when push comes to shove you taste what you're made of
    You might bend, till you break cause its all you can take
    On your knees you look up decide you've had enough
    You get mad you get strong wipe your hands shake it off
    Then you Stand

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Freakie_frog
    I don't blame you that one is cute!

OMG I soooo totally agree She is just to cute for words. Makes you want to hug em and squeeze em and lub em all over LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast