Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,943

3 members and 2,940 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
    Thanks

Talking New home for my beauty!

Hi again everyone!

After the feedback from medusaowl, who was very helpful indeed, Iv upgraded Tempa's home from a tub to a large 48"x19"x20" plastic vivarium! I got it for a real good price on ebay and its awesome! Thanks again to medusaowl for all the advice, what d'you think? Gunna get a big Java branch to put in there today so shes got something to climb on at night!

Hope you like it,

SHOTTY

1.0 Normal Ball Python - Mandela
    1.0 Hogg Island Boa (PURE) - Rod

Thanks

Re: New home for my beauty!

Thats a really nice viv! I bet shes gonna love it

BPnet Veteran Pork Chops N' Corn Bread's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow looks great. Maybe you could add some branches in there. I have a feeling she will be MUCH more active in there. How big is she?
    ~Jake~
    Too many boas to list and a few balls as well

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Chops N' Corn Bread
    Wow looks great. Maybe you could add some branches in there. I have a feeling she will be MUCH more active in there. How big is she?
    I looked for some branches in my local herp shop today but it was all a bit expensive, hopefully ill get some on the net after xmas. The snake's about 5.5feet long and about 2 years old. She'll eat ANYTHING, at any time, and however much I give her. Im trying to be conservative with her food though so she doesnt hit 11 feet in the next year!! Heres a pic of her...

Thanks

Beautiful Girl! I would say she is more then 5.5 feet already though. Beauties have long tails that girl is probally easy over 6 already. Don't worry too much either on the 11 feet thing, rare for a girl to ever get that big. She will probally top around 8-9 no matter how much you feed her unless she has really big genetics in her background. How much you feed her will only effect how fast she gets there.

Nice viv too! That should be all she ever needs,
    Jack Spirko

Check out "the site" on the African House Snake - and get a free copy of "The Reptile Book", by Raymond L. Ditmars.

Find stuff you won't find ANYWHERE ELSE! Social Networking at HaterOrLoved

Spammers are scum! If I had my way they would all get reincarnated as feeder mice!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jjspirko
    Beautiful Girl! I would say she is more then 5.5 feet already though. Beauties have long tails that girl is probally easy over 6 already. Don't worry too much either on the 11 feet thing, rare for a girl to ever get that big. She will probally top around 8-9 no matter how much you feed her unless she has really big genetics in her background. How much you feed her will only effect how fast she gets there.

Nice viv too! That should be all she ever needs,
    Very true!! seeing her circle her viv this morn it was quite clear shes about 6.5 feet!!! such a lovely snake as well, but FAST! Im glad you replied, Ive been following your threads for a while and you seem to be "in-the-know" about these beautys. How much would you feed a beauty this size? At the mo shes on 2 chicks and a weaner rat every week, but I still get the "im hungry" look every time lol!

SHOTTY

Thanks

i meant 1 chick and a rat OR 2 chicks sorry, not both.

Thanks

Very nice! I bet she's lovin it!

I got a couple of fake branches for my beauties at the local petstores, easier to clean when they get pooed on. And they will get pooed on! lol!
    ~Sheree~

Because Snakes are Beautiful!
    http://www.bluegorgon.com/

4.1 snakes so far (Gomez, Falkor, Ma-tsu, Neptune, Irwin)
    2.1 house rabbits (Daphne, Bowie, Unut)
    0.1 Jeweled Lacerta (Dana)
    In loving memory of Cleo
    1989-2007

Thanks

No problem we are all here to help one another. I would say 2 items a week is plenty. To get the growth rate as fast as possible feed one item twice a week instead of two at a time. That pattern seems to kick in metabolism and to me it would be because you are tapping into anchient genes that say it is a "time of plenty".

Like if you want to feed her more move her to slightly larger rats and stick to two items. I like that you are feeding chicks and rats, to me variety is very good and close to what nature would provide. I feed mostly rodents but it is due to convience not because I think it is best.

Here is a cool story, Sunday we are having our family Christmas party and Ralph (my cat here is a pic of him)

Anyway he comes in via his cat door and has a huge dead rat, I mean BIG. Now the Carpet Python and my Big False Water Cobra have just ate so I figure hell I will give it to secret my huge amel corn, (here she is)

So she eats it right down! Keep in mind the whole family is here and the cat just drug in a huge rat. Anyway my wife is mad at the cat and says look what "your cat did" but how can I come down on the cat for doing a good thing and then bringing the proof of his deed home? Hell it is good that he killed the rat and I understand how they feel they need to show us what they have done.

Well damn about an hour later party going strong every just stopped talking about the rat, in comes Ralph and you guessed it, rat two! I have never seen a rat alive around here but there must be some out there about every four to five months Ralph kills a few.

Well the wife puts Ralph out for the night and locks the cat door (poor cat). Now I got to decide what to do with this rat, he looked to big for Tai but hell I fed it to him and he ate it.

They can eat pretty bit stuff! Just keep her eating down to two items a week but don't be afraid to push the size a LITTLE. Some people get on me for feeding things like a rat my cat kills, to them I say what do you think snakes eat every day in the wild.

Jack Spirko

Check out "the site" on the African House Snake - and get a free copy of "The Reptile Book", by Raymond L. Ditmars.

Find stuff you won't find ANYWHERE ELSE! Social Networking at HaterOrLoved

Spammers are scum! If I had my way they would all get reincarnated as feeder mice!