Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,024

2 members and 3,022 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma

Thread: feed then shed

Thanks

feed then shed

I fed my spotted python for the first time last night. As I was feeding him in a separate container, i was cleaning out his tank. He ate well and I had held him briefly b4 feeding him. This morning I discovered a perfect shed. I have only had him/her for a week. I couldn't tell he was ready for a shed and he ate well. His shed was almost 17 inches long. Is the shed length accurate for him? Also has anyone else had this kind of experience with spotteds eating and shedding? Everything I had read said that snakes sometimes go off there feed b4 they shed.

BPnet Veteran Pork Chops N' Corn Bread's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: feed then shed

Quote Originally Posted by clemson8791
    I fed my spotted python for the first time last night. As I was feeding him in a separate container, i was cleaning out his tank. He ate well and I had held him briefly b4 feeding him. This morning I discovered a perfect shed. I have only had him/her for a week. I couldn't tell he was ready for a shed and he ate well. His shed was almost 17 inches long. Is the shed length accurate for him? Also has anyone else had this kind of experience with spotteds eating and shedding? Everything I had read said that snakes sometimes go off there feed b4 they shed.
    No experience with spotteds but my boas eat EVERY time they are in shed religiously!!! The shed streches a bit so some people say to take 10-15% off the shed length to get a better estimate
    ~Jake~
    Too many boas to list and a few balls as well