Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,950

1 members and 1,949 guests
Gio,
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks

pictures!!!! new burm and new enclosure! D/U WARNING!

each of these units is about 2.5x4.5x4.5'

i am fully convinced that it could withstand a nuclear blast
    0.1 bp (julius - rehomed in 2008)
    0.1 red tail boa (bianca - rehomed in 2008)
    1.1 persian cats (morris [RIP 2016] & oscar [RIP 2015])
    1.0 burmese python (strawberry - rehomed in 2008)
    2.0 leopard geckos (quincy & froederick - rehomed in 2008)
    0.0.1 mouse in the freezer (roger - no idea. hopefully i removed him)
    1.0 bp (neke - yellow belly ball)

Thanks

Re: pictures!!!! new burm and new enclosure! D/U WARNING!

very nice! your ball's tank looks badass!

Thanks

love the tank

question for you

or you using a under the tank heater at all?? or just the top light heater??

reason i ask is im buiding a large terrirum for in my living roon and im at a stand still now if i should use a UTH on the bottome with a piece of plexglass over top of it then the substarte on top of that???

love the idea of the vynal siding gonna add that to the sides and bottom for some depth and help proctect the bottom wood..

hope what i said makes sense

also where did you get that vynal siding?

and what is the total size diameter of the whole cabinet

width highth depth
    Last edited by synister370; 12-05-2006 at 05:42 PM.

BPnet Veteran Pork Chops N' Corn Bread's Avatar
    Thanks

You need to build a wire cage to put over that light. Poor snake just has to touch it andget burned. Also, did you even put him in Quarentine?
    ~Jake~
    Too many boas to list and a few balls as well

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Chops N' Corn Bread
    You need to build a wire cage to put over that light. Poor snake just has to touch it andget burned. Also, did you even put him in Quarentine?
    Yeah he was quarantined for 6 weeks (my wife works at an animal hospital) during which he had an extensive physical examination and blood work. He had a very mild infection, probably a minor RI - the vet said he probably wouldnt even need antibiotics because how small it was, but we have him on 2 weeks of shots every 3 days though just to air on the side of caution.

I am working on the cage for that light, I have the light only running at about 25% and it is not a danger to burning him, but I will have that corrected soon. Just a kink I am trying to work out.

Quote Originally Posted by djslurp1200
    very nice! your ball's tank looks badass!
    Thanks! it works out pretty well for her, i need to get the screen covered with duct tape to stop humidity being a problem..

Quote Originally Posted by synister370
    love the tank

question for you

or you using a under the tank heater at all?? or just the top light heater??

reason i ask is im buiding a large terrirum for in my living roon and im at a stand still now if i should use a UTH on the bottome with a piece of plexglass over top of it then the substarte on top of that???

love the idea of the vynal siding gonna add that to the sides and bottom for some depth and help proctect the bottom wood..

hope what i said makes sense

also where did you get that vynal siding?

and what is the total size diameter of the whole cabinet

width highth depth
    Yes, there is an UTH under the vinyl on the side with the CHE. I just hope the thing doesn't stop working - it will be a royal PITA to get it out to replace it.. I wanted to use plexi but I wanted to make sure that the entire enclosure was completly waterproof in case he has a big pee or dumps his water over. I don't really want water mixed with pee/poop dripping down on to the carpet or the cages below!

I have aspen on top of the vinyl, it works pretty nicely.. has a funky smell out of the bag but it goes away.

The vinyl siding is great, I am extremely happy I put in the extra work to take care of that. It is easy to clean, it looks great, and it protects the wood from any humidity (it was made out of melamine so humidity would not have been a large problem anyways)

The siding I got from Lowes for about $20. I got 4 feet of the stuff which was like 44 cents per square foot. It was light, thin and very easy to work with

The dimensions of the unit are about 4.5' x 2.5' x 2'. The inside dimensions would be about 1.5" smaller since the wood is 3/4".

Open to easy suggestions for wire caging around heat emitter!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bchapman
    Yeah he was quarantined for 6 weeks (my wife works at an animal hospital) during which he had an extensive physical examination and blood work. He had a very mild infection, probably a minor RI - the vet said he probably wouldnt even need antibiotics because how small it was, but we have him on 2 weeks of shots every 3 days though just to air on the side of caution.

I am working on the cage for that light, I have the light only running at about 25% and it is not a danger to burning him, but I will have that corrected soon. Just a kink I am trying to work out.

Thanks! it works out pretty well for her, i need to get the screen covered with duct tape to stop humidity being a problem..

Yes, there is an UTH under the vinyl on the side with the CHE. I just hope the thing doesn't stop working - it will be a royal PITA to get it out to replace it.. I wanted to use plexi but I wanted to make sure that the entire enclosure was completly waterproof in case he has a big pee or dumps his water over. I don't really want water mixed with pee/poop dripping down on to the carpet or the cages below!

I have aspen on top of the vinyl, it works pretty nicely.. has a funky smell out of the bag but it goes away.

The vinyl siding is great, I am extremely happy I put in the extra work to take care of that. It is easy to clean, it looks great, and it protects the wood from any humidity (it was made out of melamine so humidity would not have been a large problem anyways)

The siding I got from Lowes for about $20. I got 4 feet of the stuff which was like 44 cents per square foot. It was light, thin and very easy to work with

The dimensions of the unit are about 4.5' x 2.5' x 2'. The inside dimensions would be about 1.5" smaller since the wood is 3/4".

Open to easy suggestions for wire caging around heat emitter!

got back to lowes and check in the plubing department i know they have baskets that might fit over it that they use in drains in like kitchens and stuff that goes under the face plate to catch anything from falling..

so you have it on the side???not under neather where the snake can lay humm'

i ownder if you could use flex watt under neath vynal if it would get to hot and short..

Thanks

nice pics, like the background in the burm's enclosure
    -Maple

1.1 ball python
    0.1 shepard mix
    1.0 rabbit
    1.0 hamster
    0.0.3 horned frog

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by synister370
    got back to lowes and check in the plubing department i know they have baskets that might fit over it that they use in drains in like kitchens and stuff that goes under the face plate to catch anything from falling..

so you have it on the side???not under neather where the snake can lay humm'

i ownder if you could use flex watt under neath vynal if it would get to hot and short..
    It is under the vinyl on the bottom (vinyl is on all surfaces except ceiling

Thanks

Very nice, congrats!!
    Thank you,

Mikey likes it!!!!

Registered User sassygirl221983's Avatar
    Thanks

wow that is nice!