Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,309

2 members and 3,307 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,370 Times in 943 Posts

Re: not really eating

Very sorry to hear about your beardie. I have been using alfalfa pellets and it has been working out great. I used a product called Critter Country for years (from petco) and it works great as well but expensive. They both absorb real well, you can scoop and flush it. They are both digestable but the alfalfa is rabbit feed and very cheap.

Thanks

Re: not really eating

I bought a beardie for the first time in october. Tragically he died. I only had him for 2 weeks and he was little. I don't know if he came sick, or if he got impacted from the sand i housed him on and the pet store did as well or if it was his temps.

The pet store gave me another beardie. I took him home and he started off alot better than the first one but started to fall the same route. This time there was no sand.

I eventually put a flat marble rock raised up to get closer to the heat. Now I know it says 105 and I had him at 105 but now with this rock it can get up to 110. He loves it. He jumps up there chills out for a bit then goes on the hunt. after eating he goes up there lounges and comes down. He's doing awesome and gets bigger every day.

Currently I have him on ceramic tiles which another beardie specific forum raves about.

Maybe try raising the temp on his hot spot by putting a rock in there or lowering the light.

Hope that helps..

Chad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12