Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,607

0 members and 2,607 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Thanks

Well wishes please.

In a thread farther down this forum there are pictures of my cats. Well, for the past week and a half Leeloo (now renamed 'Marz') has been having issues.
    It started with him sleeping almost all the time and not wanting to play with the other kittens or me, this is not his style.
    A few days after this started he seemed to have a dizzy spell while waking up, not being able to turn himself upright for a moment. During this time his appearance had been going downhill, he'd not been bathing himself and though he's always been a slight built cat he was skinnier then ever before.
    I got him into the vet and they sent him home later that day with some Doxypotion and Science Diet A/D though no answer for me.
    That was on Wednesday and since then he's not sleeping as much but the rest of him seems to be going downhill. He's still not bathing himself. He does eat, drink and 'go' but that's about it. Just a few moments ago I called my husband out to the kitchen because it was as if Marz couldn't keep his balance, he was almost not using his rear legs and his head was cocked to the left, he's done this once before during this ordeal HOWEVER both times were when he was stressed.

Tomorrow is Sunday and trying to find a vet will be difficult but I'll give it a go, if not then he's going in first thing Monday.
    Sometimes it seems like a neurelogical problem and sometimes it doesn't. He does have a congested sound and his eyes are watery, his urine looks normal as does his feces though I'm taking in a sample with me, any internal parasites that could cause these?

So, while I try to find a vet for tomorrow does anyone have any suggestions?

BPnet Veteran recycling goddess's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Well wishes please.

Love him. Give him lots of cuddles and wait for the vet's assistance. (((hugs)))
    in light, Aleesha

You have 1440 minutes a day... how are you going to spend yours?

Thanks

Yes, that's what we're doing. The other two kittens are fine and have been fine which leads me to believe that whatever is wrong with Marz is Marz himself.
    I have googled and googled and googled symptoms but haven't found anything that matches.

The beginning of last month both he and Cooper were treated for RIs and both recovered just fine and acted normal, that is the only health issues I've had with him.

Thanks

Awwww, poooor boy!!

LOTS of hugs and smooochies to help him (and YOU) feel better!

Sounds like he may have had a stroke.

Good luck in finding an answer. Prayers and warm snuggle thoughts being sent your way!!!

RuLyn
    Sweety314
    Fantabulous Daughter, Robin 21 Snakes & counting...Rosie, LTR, corns, Kenyan SB, RTBs, balls of var. morphs/norms; purple albino retic 2 horses, 4 cats, rat mommies, rat daddies and rat babies (mmmm, food!), In Loving Memory: Peekaboo, Goober, Scabbers, Happy (thx 4 35 years), Stripe, Baby, Snoopy, Smudge, Stewie-- You will be missed! Steve Irwin 2/2/62 to 9/4/06

Thanks

Well, called and left messeges and no dice so I'll be knocking on my vets door before they open tomorrow.
    To give a bit more information on him he's going to be four months old on December 9th, he's a ragdoll male, currently not neutered (was/is going to be the first week of December if he's well enough and still with us).

He sleeps in the bedroom with Ryan and I at night because the other two kittens are too spastic for him right now. Last night for the first time he came over to my side of the bed and meowed to be let out to use the litter box and to eat. Previously he'd just lay in his chair until we got up and took him out with us. He did this 'meow out' twice this morning and then came back into the bedroom with me. It's as normal as he's acted in days but I doubt it's any reason to rejoice.
    Thanks for the kind thoughts and words, just thought I'd update ya'll

Thanks

Best wishes to you........ Keep us posted?
    Grey Scale is a good thing...

Thanks

I am sorry about that; poor little guy. Is there any chance he got into a toxic substance or something? I think that that would explain the disorientation.. when you have a pet though and you know how they are, you can definately tell when something is "off." Hopefully the vet appointment goes OK tmrw.
    -Jen. Back in the hobby after a hiatus!
    Ball pythons:
    0.1 normal; 1.1 albino. 1.0 pied; 0.1 het pied; 1.0 banana.

Thanks

Oh the poor little thing. I know it's even more frustrating not knowing what's wrong with him. I sure hope you are able to pull him through. I've got my fingers crossed for ya.
    Christie
    Reptile Geek

Cause when push comes to shove you taste what you're made of
    You might bend, till you break cause its all you can take
    On your knees you look up decide you've had enough
    You get mad you get strong wipe your hands shake it off
    Then you Stand

Thanks

Nope, nothing he could have gotten into unless he ate litter from the litter box... Besides he's not a 'mouthy' kitten. He's always been... picky on what goes in his mouth.

Here are some pictures from today. If you compair to the ones in the thread down below you can see how bad he looks though it's much different in person.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 888 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Entropy
    In a thread farther down this forum there are pictures of my cats. Well, for the past week and a half Leeloo (now renamed 'Marz') has been having issues.
    It started with him sleeping almost all the time and not wanting to play with the other kittens or me, this is not his style.
    A few days after this started he seemed to have a dizzy spell while waking up, not being able to turn himself upright for a moment. During this time his appearance had been going downhill, he'd not been bathing himself and though he's always been a slight built cat he was skinnier then ever before.
    I got him into the vet and they sent him home later that day with some Doxypotion and Science Diet A/D though no answer for me.
    That was on Wednesday and since then he's not sleeping as much but the rest of him seems to be going downhill. He's still not bathing himself. He does eat, drink and 'go' but that's about it. Just a few moments ago I called my husband out to the kitchen because it was as if Marz couldn't keep his balance, he was almost not using his rear legs and his head was cocked to the left, he's done this once before during this ordeal HOWEVER both times were when he was stressed.

Tomorrow is Sunday and trying to find a vet will be difficult but I'll give it a go, if not then he's going in first thing Monday.
    Sometimes it seems like a neurelogical problem and sometimes it doesn't. He does have a congested sound and his eyes are watery, his urine looks normal as does his feces though I'm taking in a sample with me, any internal parasites that could cause these?

So, while I try to find a vet for tomorrow does anyone have any suggestions?
    So sorry to hear this.Is there a chance he hit his head or had something hit his head? Please keep us posted,and here are some positive thoughts coming your way and his.
    Joe Haggard

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast