Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,483

1 members and 1,482 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,532
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42

Thread: Artimus Gordon

Thanks

Artimus Gordon

This is my new dorm-buddy. I'm not allowed to have any pets at my school....not even a betta fish in a bowl. Guess who breaks that rules?! ME! I have 2.1 bettas and this guy, named Artimus Gordon. People have cats, guinea pigs, hamsters, and other animals hidden in their rooms, so I'm not the only one. lol. He's a pac man frog, if you haven't guessed.

Thanks

Re: Artimus Gordon

Thats a no no! But he is a cute little thing

Thanks

I kept my snakes in my dorm rooms along with turtles. Just don't go tellin everyone who comes to visit. Their name describes them so well huh??

~mike
    “The richest value of wilderness lie not in the days of Daniel Boone, nor even in the present but rather in the future.” - Aldo Leopold

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wildlifewarrior
    I kept my snakes in my dorm rooms along with turtles. Just don't go tellin everyone who comes to visit. Their name describes them so well huh??

~mike
    No one knows except my immediate group of friends, and my room mate of course. lol. I'd like to bring one of my smaller corn snakes into my room, but I'd have to find something easier to move then a glass 10g tank. He'd have to come home with me for long weekends and vacations, because my school does room checks. Plus its a $75 per animal if I get caught. I'm hoping if anyone finds my fish and little frog, they'll just tell me to bring it home instead of fining me since they are so small.

Thanks

Cool frog; I know that at least in my horned frog's case, they spend 90% of their lives buried in dirt.. you could just tell people that you're growing tomatoes or something! I use that coco fiber stuff also for mine.
    Looks like you're doing well; the crickets look calcium-dusted. Many people neglect to do this, and end up with frogs that have MBD (metabolic bone disease.) Results in deformities and death b/c of calcium deficiency.. nice frog!
    -Jen. Back in the hobby after a hiatus!
    Ball pythons:
    0.1 normal; 1.1 albino. 1.0 pied; 0.1 het pied; 1.0 banana.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ginevive
    Cool frog; I know that at least in my horned frog's case, they spend 90% of their lives buried in dirt.. you could just tell people that you're growing tomatoes or something! I use that coco fiber stuff also for mine.
    Looks like you're doing well; the crickets look calcium-dusted. Many people neglect to do this, and end up with frogs that have MBD (metabolic bone disease.) Results in deformities and death b/c of calcium deficiency.. nice frog!
    I give him primarily superworms now instead of crickets since they are silent and easier to store. He gets 1 or 2 a day. I give him vitamin-dusted worms 2x a week, and the rest are dusted w/ d3. I'm a vet student and I did my fall semester project on MBD in reptiles. Its sad what illeducated owners do to their pets.

Artimus is doing great, he's getting huge! Here are some updated pictures of the little butter ball:

Banned
    Thanks

Smile Re: Artimus Gordon

Artimus is such a cool frog, I just love these little tanks.