Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,351

1 members and 3,350 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Red face questions about Jungle Carpet Pythons

Hey everybody,
    I have a few questions about these kind of snakes - I purchased a hatchling of an unknown locality about two months ago - so far he/she has shed once and fed four times for me so I am not having any problems with this snake - I was wondering what kind of growth rate I should expect, what ultimate size is possible and when will the yellow coloration start to appear? my JCP is about 20 inches at this time and has the color pattern but no yellow yet. Mostly a black and white.

I would appreciate any tips and info that you guys and gals can pass on to me - also, he/she is a tad nippy - will it outgrow that tendency with frequent handling?
    EyelashViper

Thanks

Re: questions about Jungle Carpet Pythons

When I bought my JCP in June she was already about a year old and three feet long so she had already gone from black and white to black and yellow. Since then she has grown to over five feet. I've read that they can get to eight feet, but six is more typical for females and less for males. Mine comes and goes on the nippy thing. I only get bit removing her from the cage, but once I have her out she's almost as tame as my BP. Hope this was some help.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

My adult male is 5yrs old and is about7ft and pounds f/t jumbo rats every two weeks. So docile and curious. Great snakes. Good luck with yours.

Thanks

an introduction of a new addition is wrong without pics, lol. You've had it for 2 months and have fed only 4 times the general feeding schedule for carpet hatchlings is 5-7 days. If you haven't already try to get on rats asap. Trying to switch later can be difficult. Size can be 5-10' without knowing anything about it. They will or won't be nippy right out of the shoot but may even stop nipping if they settle in to their new home like one of mine did. He only tried once then stopped. My first Jungle baby this year still is nippy but now only shoots for moving objects when I am holding her otherwise I can pick up and move from hand to hand. We love pics how about some?

Charlie S.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Yes, pics are in order for sure!!! Also, lots of good info already given. For sure post us some pics, and ask some more questions if you got anymore. You have begun a new addiction, and we are glad to witness it