Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,097

2 members and 1,095 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,092
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: spoil?

Thanks

spoil?

so i was wondering if you spoil your animals....and to what extent...i have a lot of friends that keep their dogs outside, and as i was sitting here sewing a new pillow made out of embroidered velvet and sheepskin, and i bake her treats, that she might be a little tooo spoiled...anybody else pamper their pooches (or any other animals...)?
    ..:.*Amy*.:..
    1.0 2005 norm. BP (Jayvyn)
    1.0 2006 Columbian Red Tail Boa (Cypher)
    Coming November 29th 2006 1.0 100% Het. Pied (Dakarai)
    Coming November 30th 2006 0.1 Pied (Makeena)

0.1 2002 Pug X Shih Tzu (Shimona)
    1.0 Thoroughbred Gelding (Jackson)

Thanks

Re: spoil?

My cats get spoiled, rotten little beasts.

Though I doubt that they'll think so when they go in to get neutered at the end of the month.

BPnet Veteran recycling goddess's Avatar
    Thanks

every single one!!!

from my ratties who i breed all the way to my cats and everyone in between!
    in light, Aleesha

You have 1440 minutes a day... how are you going to spend yours?

Thanks

Entropy, I'm sure they'll thank you later when they're not having the urge to be out and about roaming and getting hit by cars. A fixed animal is a happy animal *wishes she could get all of her female rats spayed... little street-walkin' hussies*

All of my animals are spoiled in a good way. None of them get clothes put on them(well.. the rats... but that's DIFFERENT! shush...I have pictures..), all just get fed properly, socialized, and they know their place in life.

All of my rats(pets), 25+, eat organic, natural foods(mmmm Kashi...). I, on the other hand, eat generic stuff from cans... But hey, they actually eat cheaper than I do, LoL. My rats, snakes and other critters are my kids, as I don't want any of the human species. I like spoiling them as they only live 3 years or so. They're worth it.
    --Becky--
    ?.? Normals, 1.0 100% Het Pied Classic Jungle, 1.0 Yellow Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Butterscotch Hypo, 0.1 100% Het VPI Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Yellow Hypo, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Yellowbellies, 0.1 YB Granite, 1.0 Black Pastel, 1.0 Lemon Pastel, 0.1 50% Possible Het Banded Albino, 0.1 Spider, 1.0 Fire, 0.2 Granite

Thanks

Oh believe me. I'm all for getting my critters 'fixed'. Drove me nuts when I taught dog obedience and you'd have all these people going "But he has papers..."

WHO CARES!? Is he a beyond perfect example of his breed? Is he going to offer something amazing to the puppies? Is he a bench champion? Field champion? Obedience champion? Epitome of health?

I'm calm, just a pet peeve of mine. There are lots of good dogs out there but just because they have papers isn't a reason to breed. Same goes for horses....for cats....

*steps away from soapbox*

Rats in clothes! Pictures!!!!

Thanks

Yep exactly! Who cares if they have papers if the dog is a total butthole. Unneutered male dogs are idiots, they have no sense and are just plain annoying(I've met MANY). I'm sure some that are well trained(such as police dogs that actually have a JOB) are ok, but still... If he doesn't qualify as a perfect example of the breed standard, doesn't have perfect health, personality, attitude, etc, then NO. Just like tons of Labradors and other breeds who are long and lanky... when the breed standard is short and stocky.. Yeeaaahh. Let's just breed because we can! YAY!

And yes, it's a major pet peeve of mine. As is trying to deal with people who don't care what their dog eats. yay Dinner Time and Ol' Roy... While those people can put $3000 rims on their SUV and buy organic food... But can they buy good food for their dog? Nooo... They choose to buy the junk with fillers, or the little tins of Mighty Dog... I found this response on this page to be excellent regarding dog/cat foods: http://experts.about.com/q/Dogs-701/...d-food-dog.htm

Ever seen rats go fishing? I like to buy rosy reds every so often and put them in a shallow glass baking dish with water. The rats look like little raccoons diving with their heads under water and getting the fish out. So hilarious!

And yes, I'll get those pictures and post 'em Give everybody a good laugh.
    --Becky--
    ?.? Normals, 1.0 100% Het Pied Classic Jungle, 1.0 Yellow Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Butterscotch Hypo, 0.1 100% Het VPI Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Yellow Hypo, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Yellowbellies, 0.1 YB Granite, 1.0 Black Pastel, 1.0 Lemon Pastel, 0.1 50% Possible Het Banded Albino, 0.1 Spider, 1.0 Fire, 0.2 Granite

Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 888 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Entropy
    My cats get spoiled, rotten little beasts.

Though I doubt that they'll think so when they go in to get neutered at the end of the month.
    I was still a little asleep, the second i read this post i am WIDE AWAKE now:eek: :eek: .I know its best for the to be fixed but that N word gives me a weird feeling when i see it
    Last edited by joepythons; 11-17-2006 at 08:54 AM.
    Joe Haggard

Thanks

I have two spoiled horses in their stalls out in the barn.. pooping their heads off for me to clean tomorrow I call them my "gym membership" because they give me enough of a daily workout that I would never need a gym, bowflex, etc. Most people I see leave theirs out all night well into winter, but we start bringing-in now and will bring them in msot lights of the year, except in summer. We don't have to, but it not only helps them keep weight on, but I think it gives them a mental break; outside, they can never fully relax like indoors. I think there can be too much of a good thing though; I hate when horses are fully stalled and never allowed to just be a horse.
    They do have a roofed shelter out in the field.. darn little boogers never use it though.
    -Jen. Back in the hobby after a hiatus!
    Ball pythons:
    0.1 normal; 1.1 albino. 1.0 pied; 0.1 het pied; 1.0 banana.

Thanks

the dog sleeps in the bed on a pillow and under the covers (or she will not sleep). she has a sweater for when its cold (she has short hair). she goes where i go. every time i go to buy a mouse i have to buy dog cookies and a fake mouse for the kitty. so thats a yes to your question.

Thanks

I think a certain amount of spoiling is fine for pets but often it goes so far it's ridiculous. My pet peeve is animals so spoiled they literally run the household or are completely untrained because the owners are sure it's mean to properly discipline a pet. I think Becky said it right when she said her pets know their place, since most socialized animals need that to truly be happy pets.
    ~~Joanna~~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast