Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,998

1 members and 2,997 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,490
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Atlanta Show Today

Well, I went to the Atlanta show today and had a nice time because I was able to meet a nice young lady from my area who I had met on another forum who is just starting out breeding (her small collection is 1.1 pastel, 0.1 spider and 0.1 normal). She's such a nice lady - moved here from France and met her husband and now makes Atlanta home. She was hoping that she might be able to find a couple of nice normal girls that her husband could buy her for her birthday.

He was sort of like Karl, not much interest in reptiles himself, but supportive of his partner's passion. He spent a LOT of the time at the cricket/mealworm table. Apparently he's an avid fisherman, so the "bait" interested him the most! LOL

In any case, very small show, only three ball python vendors, and one guy who was selling every manner of reptiles and had some ball pythons priced $25 and $35. I had asked him if the females were $35 and he said "I don't know what sex they are, I just sell the nicer looking ones for more". The young lady I met and I looked at each other, started laughing and walked off - no thank you!

So, one vendor had some REALLY nice snakes on display. I started talking to my new friend about YB's and how I would like to have one. She was saying she wasn't so sure for herself, and I made the comment about how nice they make other morphs. So he asks me if I'd like to see a pastel YB? Of course I said yes and we started to chat some more. I was admiring his platinum and his butter. He mentioned to me that he just purchased one of the Super Stripes. I'm thinking to myself, yeah, right! but didn't question him. We contined to chat, and because he didn't have a banner of any type, I asked for a business card. He didn't have any but we then set to introducing ourselves - it was Amir Soleymani! LOL He gave me a blank invoice with his contact information on it.

What a nice guy! Very laid back - I thanked him for vending at our little show, that we need more vendors like himself to start attracting more quality shows in Georgia. Kara - he spoke very highly of you, and Adam, I was wearing my 8ballpython shirt and he had nothing but nice things to say about you as well!

So, although it was a tiny show, I was very glad to have been able to meet such a nice guy in the business!

Thanks

Re: Atlanta Show Today

Very cool, I'm jealous!
    Chad
    0.3 BP Normals
    1.0 BP 66% Het for Albino
    0.1 BP 100% Het for Albino
    Snake Feeding Video

BPnet Veteran recycling goddess's Avatar
    Thanks

i did a google on him and found this page:

http://www.grazianireptiles.com/mutations.htm

very interesting to see who created what!
    in light, Aleesha

You have 1440 minutes a day... how are you going to spend yours?

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rabernet
    Well, I went to the Atlanta show today and had a nice time because I was able to meet a nice young lady from my area who I had met on another forum who is just starting out breeding (her small collection is 1.1 pastel, 0.1 spider and 0.1 normal). She's such a nice lady - moved here from France and met her husband and now makes Atlanta home. She was hoping that she might be able to find a couple of nice normal girls that her husband could buy her for her birthday.
    You talk so nicely of me I am gonna blush and by the way Robin is adorable too and I doubt she would ever talk bad of anyone, I am sure we will meet again at some other ATL show very soon, this time I will leave my fisherman home so I can focus more on the show

Some correction about my collection I have 1.1 pastel 0.1 Spider 1.1 Het Albino & 1.0 Normal and as of 2 days ago I did add 2 normal girls to this and hopefully the next addition will be next year with a 1.1 Het Pied but I guess I need to talk to Adam about this
    Deborah Stewart

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rabernet
    He was sort of like Karl, not much interest in reptiles himself, but supportive of his partner's passion.
    That's awesome...you really scored Raber

Sounds like a good time...and you met Amir...lucky :eek:

They call me Emilius LOL Emilio's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,407 Times in 1,004 Posts

Glad you got to meet Amir he's great and probably goes to every show in the country. He's been pretty successful with mixing up his own stuff , I got half of my collection from Amir and I've got nothing but good thing's to say.
    Absolutely obsessed with ball pythons!

http://www.facebook.com/VillarinoReptiles?ref=hl

Villarino reptiles Morph market

Contacts

Villarinoreptiles@gmail.com
    Or tex 7868774281

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GA_Ball_Pythons
    You talk so nicely of me I am gonna blush and by the way Robin is adorable too and I doubt she would ever talk bad of anyone, I am sure we will meet again at some other ATL show very soon, this time I will leave my fisherman home so I can focus more on the show

Some correction about my collection I have 1.1 pastel 0.1 Spider 1.1 Het Albino & 1.0 Normal and as of 2 days ago I did add 2 normal girls to this and hopefully the next addition will be next year with a 1.1 Het Pied but I guess I need to talk to Adam about this
    Deborah,

So glad to see you over here! Thanks for the correction on your collection - one to be envied for sure!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GA_Ball_Pythons
    You talk so nicely of me I am gonna blush and by the way Robin is adorable too and I doubt she would ever talk bad of anyone, ...
    I had the pleasure of meeting Robin and Karl at Daytona, and I have to agree 110% Robin's an absolute doll, and Karl is really great, too! Can't wait for a chance to meet up with both of them again someday!

Not sure if I've had a chance to say so before or not, but Welcome to BP.net, Deborah! : Any friend of Robin's is sure to fit in wonderfully around here!
    -- Judy

They call me Emilius LOL Emilio's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,407 Times in 1,004 Posts

The 's you Deborah........
    Absolutely obsessed with ball pythons!

http://www.facebook.com/VillarinoReptiles?ref=hl

Villarino reptiles Morph market

Contacts

Villarinoreptiles@gmail.com
    Or tex 7868774281

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JLC
    I had the pleasure of meeting Robin and Karl at Daytona, and I have to agree 110% Robin's an absolute doll, and Karl is really great, too! Can't wait for a chance to meet up with both of them again someday!

Not sure if I've had a chance to say so before or not, but Welcome to BP.net, Deborah! : Any friend of Robin's is sure to fit in wonderfully around here!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emilio
    The 's you Deborah........
    Wel thank you for the nice welcome and yes after reading some posts and seeing the humor here I think I will fit just fine
    Deborah Stewart

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast