Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,014

2 members and 3,012 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,490
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks

Runaway Iguana...

Well a friend of mine has or had a beautiful 3 1/2-4ft iguana named Tina. She escaped off of his 2nd story porch apparently by the small tree next to it. THe porch was screened in but there was a small tear in it that I guess she made bigger. Well long story short she got out and is roaming around his condo complex. He lives literally right on the bay and behind the building is a canal that is actually opens up to the bay just a couple hundred feet from his building. He's been spotted on the sea wall basking in the sun but everytime we try to catch him he just runs like hell and jumps into a mangrove or in the water... I feel so bad for him because he looks and well I guess now could be considered wild. He's very dark like almost black (maybe lack of proper nutrition?). Tampa, fl isn't necesarrily blistering cold in the winter time but the season is approaching and we do get cold fronts. Right now it's only 70 degrees outside and of course when the sun goes down it's below that. Any suggestions on how to catch him?
    :eek:

Thanks

Re: Runaway Iguana...

Catching a iguana that doesnt want to be caught can be a hard job to do inside a house, outside is near impossible. How close does he let you get before he runs? if you can get to with in 10 ft or less and know someone with a cast net that work. try looking early in the morning also before he gets his body temp up that way he will move a bit slower also. The other alternitive would be to bring in a pro trapper. Best of luck trying to catch him before "winter" in tampa. I lived there for 9 years it doesnt get terribley cold but it gets to cold for a iggy.
    -Sean
    Mazdaspeed 3, yeah its silly fast!

Thanks

Re: Runaway Iguana...

Thanks for the advice...Yeah, he lets you get about 10 feet. I've mentioned the cast net thing before to my friend. As far as the winter temps go though...It doesn't get extremely cold but it's definetly too cold for a iggy or a ball python. That's why i'm so worried about catching him...

Thanks for the reply though...I appreciate it alot!