Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 531

0 members and 531 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Ziggy31984 (40)

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
    Thanks

She poped! DU Death!!

Well she is having her babies as we speak. I dont know how the count yet I'm leaving her in peace but I did get a good look and one is HUGE!!! poor mama! I would have to say roughly an inch and a half or longer and CHUBBY!
    I will be posting some photos later today and I know I will have alot.

drinks are on me!

Thanks

Re: She poped! DU Death!!

Sadly out of 15 babies only 5 are left. I started to get really worrried about the mom due to all the blood and I thought I would have to take her to the vet. I was finaly able to see all the babies for the first time about 30 min ago and saw where all the blood was from. 10 out of the 15 babies ether had ther intestions outside the body wall or didnt have there bellies covered with skin, exposeing the the inside of the body and ended up bleeding out. I dont know if it was due to something in utero or mom going a little crazy with cleaning and ended up doing this by mistake.

I'm going to look this up and see what I can find.

on a side note, with all the blood not being cleaned up what should I do? I was able to remove the dead or dieing babies with out mom freaking but I dont know if it would be a good Idea to leave the nest that bloddy. I'm worried about the healthy babies getting sick from all that bloddy beading. any tips and help would be a blessing.

Jess

Thanks

Yes, definitely move her to a medium-sized critter keeper. It sounds like she was stressed out and got too carried away when cleaning them off. First time mommas can do that, but if it happens the second litter, don't breed her again, and don't breed the children. Seems the "eating of the children" runs in the family, and will keep happening.

Move her and the remaining babies to a kritter keeper with aspen and some fleece/flannel/paper towels and keep it quiet and dark. Don't mess with her at all for a good 24-48 hours unless you need to give her water or food.
    --Becky--
    ?.? Normals, 1.0 100% Het Pied Classic Jungle, 1.0 Yellow Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Butterscotch Hypo, 0.1 100% Het VPI Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Yellow Hypo, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Yellowbellies, 0.1 YB Granite, 1.0 Black Pastel, 1.0 Lemon Pastel, 0.1 50% Possible Het Banded Albino, 0.1 Spider, 1.0 Fire, 0.2 Granite

Thanks

well when I checked the bodies, the skin dose not look to be eaten, it just looks as if it never finished growing. I saved one of the babies and put it in the freezer to have it looked at by a vet. I would post a link to the photo but my website is down and I'm waiting for my husband to fix the problem.

I got that part of the cage cleaned out and mom didnt see to mind all that much untill she couldnt find her babies when I put them bacck in. I had to put some of the non bloody bedding back in there and she calmed right down and started feeding them.

Thanks

oh goodness I'm so sorry I hope this works out okay in the end, let's all just hope for the best...keep us posted on how the other babies do....
    I rack my husbands balls & show my rack on Ball-Pythons.net
    ~I make girls with balls look good~

Qiksilver "
    yes, watch your children, I'll convert them to satanism..."

Thanks

thanks. as for the living little ones they look like Mole Rats. and that one that is huge ... I think a male, is eating so much his belly turned off white and is all bloted LOL... he is also moving around alot and dosent want to stay where mama wants him lol. Less than 24 hours old and he already has a sence for adventure. Mom is always having to leave the babies to bring him back to the nest. I will some time have to get some video of him doing this. it's funny

BPnet Veteran recycling goddess's Avatar
    Thanks

wow... you have the most interesting life jessie... the weirdest things happen to you. sending love and hugs to the mama rattie
    in light, Aleesha

You have 1440 minutes a day... how are you going to spend yours?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by recycling goddess
    wow... you have the most interesting life jessie... the weirdest things happen to you.
    LOL
    Click Below to Fight The National Python & Boa Ban

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    - Anna Sewell, author of Black Beauty

Thanks

well that suxs but it is nature, i know some rodents will eat their first born, or eat some to make the litter smaller and more managable. 15 babies on one mama is alot, but if you didn't see any "bite" marks definitly let us know what the vet says, pretty interesting.
    4.3 Normal Ball Pythons - Raphael, Spot, Oscar, Strykr, Honey (aka A.O.L.), Jasmine, Precious
    1.0 Grazi Line Pastel Ball Python - Chance
    1.0 possible het carmel albino - Cpt. (One Eyed) Jack (genitcally missing right eye, very ify het status)
    0.12 Normal ball pythons in transaction