Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,839

2 members and 2,837 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

New mouse colony

I finally got my mice tonight (all albinos). Two 1.3 groups in ten gallon aquariums with aspen bedding. Tomorrow I'll be making a hanger for the water bottle and a rack for the food (bowls for tonight). I'll post some pics when its all done.

BPnet Veteran Pork Chops N' Corn Bread's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: New mouse colony

Quote Originally Posted by piranhaking
    I finally got my mice tonight (all albinos). Two 1.3 groups in ten gallon aquariums with aspen bedding. Tomorrow I'll be making a hanger for the water bottle and a rack for the food (bowls for tonight). I'll post some pics when its all done.
    SWEET!!! I am looking forward to seeing some pics in the near future and I hope you get some babies soon enough!
    ~Jake~
    Too many boas to list and a few balls as well

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Last week wouldnt be soon enough It stinks payin a buck a piece for pinkeys. They didnt seem to be wasting any time getting things rolling though I dont have the camera with me today, so it will probably be tomorrow at the soonest before i have any pics up.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

I have 4 that seem to be expecting already. I'm pretty sure they were seperated at the store (they came from the back room, but ive been back there before and im pretty sure they have males and females in seperate tanks). I've read that as early as 7-10 days the babies can be felt in them. I cant really feel these, because the mice are still a little jumpy and wont cooperate, but I can see lumps if i hold them up by the tail. I'm guessing in about 2 more weeks ill have my first litter. I guess I have till then to decide what I'm going to do with them all. I dont really need anything larger than pinkeys right now, but i hate to gas and freeze all of my first litter. I may keep a few and if any of my current females arent giving good sized litters, or taking good care of the babies i may replace it with one of them.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

One of my girls had her litter last night. Unfortunatly none of them made it. May just be because its her first litter. Out of 12, 8 of them were in pretty good shape damage wise, so i should still be fine to use them as feeders (i checked around 4 yesterday afternoon and they werent in there, but were early this morning and i froze them right away)

Thanks

make sure you are feeding the mother good. i had a litter that all 9 died bc the mother would not eat much
    lots of snakes

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

They're getting lab blocks out of a hopper style feeder.