Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,343

2 members and 3,341 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,534
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

our puppy's missing

Basically, our male puppy is now missing since yesterday after someone hit his mother. Not only did the --- take a beautiful sweet dog from our lives, but her baby that we've spent a lot of time and money (accident with his foot) on.
    Since our puppies (like maisi) never leave our 'territory' as is their nature (we have NEVER seen the puppies wander past our drive) we can only assume that someone has come up in our yard and taken him.
    This makes me sick that some spineless freak killed our big baby maisi but also stole a puppy that im 99% sure they have no idea how to care for. Willy is probably going to have hip problems later in life, he has twisted toes (from the foot accident), and great pyrs eat like HORSES.

We're calling the vets and the pound and i plan on putting up flyers with rewards posted- any other suggestions?

I'm really, really upset right now, I dont know how im going to make it until 12 and then get through class.
    I HATE HUMANS SO MUCH SOME TIMES. WHY is it always our dogs to get taken? When i was a kid we had our bloodhound and our dalmation taken (lived somewhere else), my mom's poodle was taken years before when i was about two, my uncle (when they lived near us) had both his fiest and his brittany spaniels stolen. GOD.
    ITS LIKE this freakish redneck dog-mafia is after our animals and im SO SICK AND TIRED OF IT.
    Those puppies were most likely just going to be given to people with the land and time THATS ALL IT TOOK WAS TO ASK, DID THEY REALLY HAVE TO KILL MAISI AND STEAL WILLY FROM US?

my 10 year old sister is just devistated as Maisi was 'her' dog and so was willy.

sorry if im 'jumping to conclusions' its just really hard to believe a puppy that never leaves the yard just desides to wander off the same day his mother is killed infront of our house.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: our puppy's missing

I'm sorry.
    -- Judy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JLC
    I'm sorry.
    thanks, im upset for my sister just about as much as this whole thing. its not fair for her. she spent so much time with that puppy, breaking him into collar and leash training; this was her first puppy to really do that with, and she'd been reading my cesar millian book so she'd do better with him and the little girl pups.

BPnet Veteran recycling goddess's Avatar
    Thanks

oh man that's horrid... sending reiki love hugging vibes your way!

in light, Aleesha

You have 1440 minutes a day... how are you going to spend yours?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts

Okay, I feel a great need to respond to this, despite the fact that I will most likely get flamed for it.
    #1 Why are your dogs roaming loose? A fence would have prevented it. The fact that the mother dog was hit means she was in the road, where CARS belong, not dogs. Please don't blame someone for "killing" your dog, if your dog was out in the road.
    #2 Again, a fence would most likely prevent the dog from being "stolen" as 90% of "stolen" dogs have run off, either after another dog, a dog in heat for young unneutored males, or run off after being injured by a car after being in the road.
    I Work in the animal industry, and I hear of FENCED dogs being stolen maybe once a year. I hear of free-roaming dogs being stolen all year long, and it burns me up when people scream about a car hitting their dog IN THE ROAD. A dog doesn't belong in the road. Not to mention it could have caused a wreck that injured or killed a person who is doing nothing but driving along the road minding their own business.
    "My dog never leaves the yard" is not a valid excuse unless you ALWAYS are watching them every minute that they are outside. Obviously not the case here.
    I am VERY sorry that you lost the mother dog to a car, and extremely sorry that the puppy is gone now, but please understand that a responsible owner keeps close tabs on their animals.
    If I put one of my ball pythons outside and went inside for an hour, I would never assume someone came by and STOLE it. And a dog is somewhat the same. Just because it never has wandered before, doesn't mean it won't the very next time. Especially in the case of young unneutered males, and puppies.
    Rant over, soapbox is put away, flame away at me for stating the truth, even if it might be a harsh time to state it.
    Wolfy(who is tired of seeing dogs pay the price)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,356 Times in 1,377 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy-hound
    Okay, I feel a great need to respond to this, despite the fact that I will most likely get flamed for it.
    #1 Why are your dogs roaming loose? A fence would have prevented it. The fact that the mother dog was hit means she was in the road, where CARS belong, not dogs. Please don't blame someone for "killing" your dog, if your dog was out in the road.
    #2 Again, a fence would most likely prevent the dog from being "stolen" as 90% of "stolen" dogs have run off, either after another dog, a dog in heat for young unneutored males, or run off after being injured by a car after being in the road.
    I Work in the animal industry, and I hear of FENCED dogs being stolen maybe once a year. I hear of free-roaming dogs being stolen all year long, and it burns me up when people scream about a car hitting their dog IN THE ROAD. A dog doesn't belong in the road. Not to mention it could have caused a wreck that injured or killed a person who is doing nothing but driving along the road minding their own business.
    "My dog never leaves the yard" is not a valid excuse unless you ALWAYS are watching them every minute that they are outside. Obviously not the case here.
    I am VERY sorry that you lost the mother dog to a car, and extremely sorry that the puppy is gone now, but please understand that a responsible owner keeps close tabs on their animals.
    If I put one of my ball pythons outside and went inside for an hour, I would never assume someone came by and STOLE it. And a dog is somewhat the same. Just because it never has wandered before, doesn't mean it won't the very next time. Especially in the case of young unneutered males, and puppies.
    Rant over, soapbox is put away, flame away at me for stating the truth, even if it might be a harsh time to state it.
    Wolfy(who is tired of seeing dogs pay the price)
    Good post and very valid points...
    Lucifer Sam, Siam cat...
    Always sitting by your side,
    Always by your side...
    That cat's something I can't explain...

Thanks

To Wolfy:
    We live in the country, down a broken little road. Its quicker to drive to our neighboors. Its very slow and quiet in cedar creek, no one flys down our road simply because we live at the end of the road with maybe three neighboors down from where we are (which we know personally and all have small children and know there are small children a foot). We live out in the woods, Great Pyrs require a lot of land- we have four acres for ours to wander around on.
    As far as her being hit- by whom? Or neighboors who dont sped- Ever? the people who live two miles up the road that just felt like meandering around where we live? Why?
    Our dogs never 'wandered' off when they went into heat- mainly all of our dogs were fixed excluding maisi. She was bred and cared for while she was in heat (the first time we kept her indoors at night, in a running pen that is TOO SMALL for a dog like her to live permantly.) We waited for her to reach age what and what not.
    All the other dogs- we lived, again, out in the country surrounded by pretty much my entire family reunion. you would have to drive three miles from my old house to meet anyone that wasnt related or a close family friend. I'm wish i were kidding but i can name every person in every house in a three mile radius around my grandmother's.
    My mother's poodle was stolen out of the house.
    All the other dogs were stolen after someone drove down a long gravel road into a cleared area (one way in one way out) to steal those animals.
    (at night... the dalmation a few days before christmas)
    (the bloodhound about four month's after)
    (this was in the early 90s)

We lived inbetween where we were and where we are now in the city limits. We had one indoor dog that was amazingly not stolen.

If you want us to fence hills and woodlands to prevent dogs that dont leave our house in the first place (dont think i dont know where 7 dogs spend 90% of their day (in our front/side/back yard or 10% of the time in the creek in the woods behind our house).
    The only time i have ever seen our dogs leave was to bark in front of our house at the two seperate couples that walk by themselves or with their dogs. None of our animals are car chasers.

This isn't exactly the safest road to go over 30 miles an hour either- deer, turkeys, rabbits, squirrels, people on horseback, every day atleast one person can be seen on a fourwheeler either visiting a friend or going fishing at the lake if you have access to the gate key... heck my brother takes ours and drives twenty minutes to his friend's house without fear of being run over.

In the four years i've lived hear there were only one dead dog i've heard about- and that was when someone's dog-aggressive rottweiler got loose and killed someone a mile up the road from us's beagle.

I'm not trying to say "oh we're too good for fences" its just that we're thirty minutes away from any real 'active' road.
    I also dont like being lumped in with people that get their dogs stolen all day long or run over every other day. We dont shy away from vet fees or actually -caring- for our animals.
    We hadn't had anything happen like this since i was about six years old. Its obvious some crack-head realized we kept nice animals back in the day. They had no qualms about breaking into our house and stealing my mom's poodle. Two years later, when the Dalmation and Bloodhound came up missing around the same time and were both very valuable animals (101 dalmation movie around the time though ours was already a year or so old) (bloodhounds are acutally used as working dogs around here).

I'm glad that while im trying to print out a list of litterally every veternarian and humane shelter/pound of alabama as well as make flyers offering a 200$ reward cash I get to be berated about my situation which up until now has never cause us nor anyone else on our road any problems.

So.
    Maybe its just you didn't know exactly how rediculously in the sticks we lived.. (its actually legal out here NOT to have to fence your animals... wonder why when you're closer 'in town' you do)..
    Or you're just right and there's no changing your mind.

I'll worry about getting our dog back now.

Thanks

Oh- and about our male- if this dog had wandered off, it would have been more rational for our little girls to wander off rather than him-
    what did Willy do all day? well he got really used to staying inside because of his foot- we were trying to wean him off of it. So- if i didnt see him on the front porch, he was the one pup that stayed closest to the house by laying under the tree in our yard or on our back porch which is ironically where we keep the dog food.

As far as being a young unneuterd male- ask our vet. he's still too young to be fixed. Otherwise he and his three sisters would be.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,356 Times in 1,377 Posts

wow...
    Lucifer Sam, Siam cat...
    Always sitting by your side,
    Always by your side...
    That cat's something I can't explain...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sho220
    wow...
    well you already know i get easily offended and i answered every possible question i could think of.
    do i need to flippin video tape & photograph the area to prove how retarded what i just wrote really is?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast