Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,308

1 members and 2,307 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New kitten

Thanks

Talking New kitten

Well someone dumped off a bunch of cats down where I work at now... and well as you can guess there are now a lot of kittens.

Soooo....

Yesterday it was raining all day long and I was not about to go "cat catching". This morning it was raining but stopped for a little while. I took that time and said "forget your paper work" and run over and feed all the cats. So I got over there and of course all the cats & kittens are running around waiting for me to put the food bowls down for them. I let them eat for a few minutes, then I crept up behind the one kitten I really like and grabbed it. OH MAN! That little one let out the loudest scream I've ever heard from a kitten! It promptly bit my finger right after, not bad but still hurt a little (I cleaned my hands REALLY good with soap and sanitizer). So I hurried back on over to my work building and stuck it in the cat carrier with some food and water. Finished up all my paper work and left around 3:30. Stopped at Petsmart on the way home got a litter pan, some litter, some kitten food, flea & tick shampoo, and some toys for it.

Came home, took a few pictures of the dirty little thing then gave it a bath. It was not pleased at all. It had soooo many fleas it was sickening! I washed it off good then repeated with the flea and tick shampoo again. Dried it off the best I could and sat it on my bed where it found a comfy spot and is now sleeping. Poor thing! Thank god it will never see the out door world again, nor will it ever have to live a horrible life like it was. I know this kitten is stressed out right now, but I know it feels a lot cleaner, better, and is sleeping on a soft bed in a warm/dry house!

I'm not sure if it's a male or female, but I'll find out on Monday after it's vet appointment.

---=ALLISON=---
    "Not everyone is going to agree or listen to what you say but I have learned to do my best to educate and hope they listen in the long run. Just keep trying to educate. There will be people out there that actually do listen and learn. -Me"

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: New kitten

Awwwww!!! What a pretty little kitty! I'm SO happy for it that its found a new and wonderful life with you!! You done good!

I'm gonna guess that she's a little girl kitty, because she looks calico-ish to me...and it's so very rare to find boy calicos. Regardless though...I'll bet she/he is gonna be one amazingly cute little ball of fluff!!!
    -- Judy

Thanks

I love that third picture!! And that last one is just screaming... no I'm not talking to you, so go away.

How very sweet. I hope this little one does well with you!
    Christie
    Reptile Geek

Cause when push comes to shove you taste what you're made of
    You might bend, till you break cause its all you can take
    On your knees you look up decide you've had enough
    You get mad you get strong wipe your hands shake it off
    Then you Stand

Thanks

Aww, he/she is very cute(being calico though, I would assume female). Good luck at the vet! If you can, have them draw some blood and test the cat for FIV(kitty AIDs), and if negative, get those shots and rabies too. Frontline or Revolution are also your best friend when it comes to getting rid of fleas(Capstar tablets are a lifesaver, so get 1 or 2 of those to have on hand, to get everything off at once, and then use the Frontline to prevent).

And if you were curious about a good food to use, Royal Canin is probably one of the best cat foods I've seen in awhile. It may be expensive when you buy it, but only have to feed 1/3-1/2 cup per day is worth it. With the crappy stuff like Cat Chow, and other generic brands from the grocery store, you have to feed so much more for them to get the nutrients they need(and those foods often block cats' urinary systems, which in turn can kill them). So it pays to buy good food Sorry, I work at a grocery store and I just hate it when people buy organic foods for them and then go buy their dog junk like Kibbles N Bits, Alpo, Gravy Train or Dinner Time... Spend the extra few dollars and buy something worthwhile that won't get your animal sick and in the vet clinic.
    --Becky--
    ?.? Normals, 1.0 100% Het Pied Classic Jungle, 1.0 Yellow Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Butterscotch Hypo, 0.1 100% Het VPI Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Yellow Hypo, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Yellowbellies, 0.1 YB Granite, 1.0 Black Pastel, 1.0 Lemon Pastel, 0.1 50% Possible Het Banded Albino, 0.1 Spider, 1.0 Fire, 0.2 Granite

Thanks

Thank you Becky!

Monday I plan on taking she/he to the vet and getting test done for that and if all goes well other shots will be given and heart worm and flea drops will be bought.
    *crosses fingers*

As for food goes, I wanted to get "chicken soup for the kitten loves soul", but the store that carries it around here was out of it, so I had to get Eukanuba Kitten. I read the side of the bag and it looked to be better stuff in there other then "corn" "BHA", junk junk junk, etc. So yeah this little girl is going to be treated like a princess after the life shes lived so far! I swear a steel plant is NO WHERE for ANY animal to be! A horribly dirty place!
    ---=ALLISON=---
    "Not everyone is going to agree or listen to what you say but I have learned to do my best to educate and hope they listen in the long run. Just keep trying to educate. There will be people out there that actually do listen and learn. -Me"

Thanks

Oh, Allison, what a gorgeous baby! I can see why she was your pick!

BPnet Veteran recycling goddess's Avatar
    Thanks

congrats on your new kitten. she's a cuties. what's her name? and how old do you think she is?
    in light, Aleesha

You have 1440 minutes a day... how are you going to spend yours?

Thanks

I'm guessing 6-8 weeks old.

As for a name yet, I'm not sure if I should name her Marble or Mystery....
    ---=ALLISON=---

Thanks

What a cutie!

Thanks

Yes, she sure is a cutie! Props to you Allison for giving her a nice warm loving home!! I think I like the name Mystery.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast