Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,998

0 members and 1,998 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Smile 2 new babies came home

Hello everyone, we just had a reptile show here last weekend 9-24-06 N.A.R.B.C. and AAR= www.australianaddiction.com brought some of their Jungle babies and I saw a couple screamers that made their way to my home. They are unrelated, calm, and great feeders. Enjoy some pics from me, thanks! Charlie S.

these 2 pics are of my male I named Oakley. Of all the babies, Oakley was showing great color already with gold showing up. I think he really stood out.

and the next ones are of my female that I haven't named yet?!

I just love how they look when they're babies after a few sheds. Check out the frown head pattern. She really is a sweetie.

Charlie S.

Thanks

Re: 2 new babies came home

Aww those are a couple cute snakies you got there!
    A weird thought past through my mind.
    Just thinking if the Police Raided my home, they'd see a 14ft retic slithering around, a large redtailboa, a large Ball python who acts like a lap cat, and a corn snake who thinks he can make a nest out of my hair... and if they went inside my garage and checked inside my freezer... they'd find dead bodies.

RIP Billy

Thanks

Smile Re: 2 new babies came home

thanks, these 2 aren't nippy and are great feeders. I think the 3 and soon to be 4 Cheynei have great personalities very alert and seem to be thinking about what to do then doing it. a nice change from ground dwellers to aboreals. mostly I'm diggin their patterns. I only planned on getting 1 LOL now I have 4 (2.2) Oakley, Floyd, Abby, and Hershey

Thanks

Beautiful! I envy everyone who has one of these.
    I have wanted one for the longest time, but I'm honestly afraid of the nippyness. And, they get a little too big for me.
    So...I guess I'll just hafta enjoy them through forums like these, where people post all their wonderful stories and experiences!
    Loki Kali
    Merlin

Thanks

SnakieMom, hogwash...I see a ball in your avatar. Jungles (IJ's and Cheynei) don't get much bigger than a ball at full size. All 4 of mine are unrelated and from 3 different breeders. Coincidently, the 2 that aren't "threatening" they're sooooo cute are from the same breeder. Since I am new to the Jungle experience I will enjoy handling them to a ball python tameness. I believe people when they say they will tame down with handling since my nippy girl Abby has already started to handle well. I can go from hand to hand where in the beginning she would strike at everything. Maybe some day you will get the fever like I have, LOL--->

Thanks

awwwwwwww congrats - looking good Charlie!
    ---=ALLISON=---
    "Not everyone is going to agree or listen to what you say but I have learned to do my best to educate and hope they listen in the long run. Just keep trying to educate. There will be people out there that actually do listen and learn. -Me"

Banned
    Thanks

Smile Re: 2 new babies came home

6-7 feet is the average size of an adult JCP, a little longer than a BP. :eek:

Good looking JCP's you have there.

Thanks

So nice!! Can't wait till mine is calm. Have been handling him on a regular basis, yet he wants to strike at everyone and everything!!

Thanks

thanks you guys. yeah, ECLARK not much bigger but I would still group them into the "about" the same size category with of course some getting a tad longer (females) than 6' for Jungles/Cheynei.

Blu Mongoose, how much time do you handle at 1 time, 1 hour more or less?

Charlie S.
    ps.just got another one today by UPS total 4....yes, I have Jungle Fever!!!
    from Andrew Hare. He looks way cooler in person.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Smith
    SnakieMom, hogwash...I see a ball in your avatar. Jungles (IJ's and Cheynei) don't get much bigger than a ball at full size. All 4 of mine are unrelated and from 3 different breeders. Coincidently, the 2 that aren't "threatening" they're sooooo cute are from the same breeder. Since I am new to the Jungle experience I will enjoy handling them to a ball python tameness. I believe people when they say they will tame down with handling since my nippy girl Abby has already started to handle well. I can go from hand to hand where in the beginning she would strike at everything. Maybe some day you will get the fever like I have, LOL--->
    Actually, most jungles get to 7 1/2 to 8 ft. The Irian Jayas grow to about 5 1/2 to 6 ft. A little bigger than a ball python.
    Most all Morelia babies can be nippy at a young age but will tame down and mellow out with some handling. I notice most all of my babies to settle down as they grow and put on size at about 10 - 14 months of age with minimal handling.
    AAR produced some nice jungles this year and Andrew Hare has some of the best looking jungles on the market today!
    Glad to have another Morelia enthusaist on board!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast