Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,181

2 members and 3,179 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Registered User silverstateexotics's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Multimammate Mouse, Common African Rat, Soft-furred or African Soft-furred Rat

I am looking into getting started in breeding these guys. Anyone on here have them for sale anywhere near Reno Nevada?
    Thanks

Thanks

Re: Multimammate Mouse, Common African Rat, Soft-furred or African Soft-furred Rat

Quote Originally Posted by silverstateexotics View Post
    I am looking into getting started in breeding these guys. Anyone on here have them for sale anywhere near Reno Nevada?
    Thanks
    Go to the for sale section.
    Pastel 0.1
    Mojo 1.0
    100% Het albino 1.1
    50% Het Albino 0.1
    -
    Do you like Texas BBQ? Do you want to know where I will be so you can get some?>>>>>My Catering Company Facebook Page<<<<<
    reptilebasics.com Rich is awesome - texas4x4.org -pirate4x4.com

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

I just heard today that the other big rodent breeder in my state is raising them and supposedly doing well. It wasn't first hand but if true sounds like these might be cost effective even for situations where mice and Norway rats are an option. I wonder who's buying them in quantity though. Maybe they work well for birds of prey?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,374 Times in 1,053 Posts

well I can get frozen ASFs(no live ones though) at a local reptile pet store, they've surely caught on enough to be found for feeders in a low reptile pop. area like MN

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anatess View Post
    And, I've only cleaned their tubs twice since I've had them.
    Notice, just because you can't smell them, doesn't mean they dont smell, or that they aren't pooping and peeing all day long and have to live in it.

Please clean their enclosure's at least once a week. I again, understand no one but ME can smell these ASF's, but I apparently have a very sensitive nose to them because after one week the smell makes me want to get sick. I have grown more used to it now, but it's still a very strong (although not largly permeating) odor.

Saying you only need to change them when YOU smell them is not sanitary, given they are living right in it and on top of it, and are far more capable than us with scent sensitivity, you should clean it more often to prevent the bacteria growth from their excrements. Especially seeing as how most of them choose one spot to pee and poop in, it's terribly unhealthy to let them sit in it for weeks at a time.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mcavana View Post
    If you are going to name drop like that get it right! I am selling them for $3.50 each live... and selling large frozen for $3 each. Get it right!!!!

***disclaimer... I know this is not the for sale section. I am not the one that started this.

Mike
    Mike! I thought you moved north out of Florida!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by littleindiangirl View Post
    Notice, just because you can't smell them, doesn't mean they dont smell, or that they aren't pooping and peeing all day long and have to live in it.

Please clean their enclosure's at least once a week. I again, understand no one but ME can smell these ASF's, but I apparently have a very sensitive nose to them because after one week the smell makes me want to get sick. I have grown more used to it now, but it's still a very strong (although not largly permeating) odor.

Saying you only need to change them when YOU smell them is not sanitary, given they are living right in it and on top of it, and are far more capable than us with scent sensitivity, you should clean it more often to prevent the bacteria growth from their excrements. Especially seeing as how most of them choose one spot to pee and poop in, it's terribly unhealthy to let them sit in it for weeks at a time.
    You must have missed the note in my post that I'm using sweet PDZ...
    Check out this post:
    http://www.ball-pythons.net/forums/s...948#post931948

If you go to the official sweet PDZ website, you can read up on the part that says using sweet PDZ will help eliminate the harmful effects of ammonia and bacteria and yada yada. The thread linked above also mentions an alternative called equine fresh bedding with the same properties - fights bacterial growth, eliminates ammonia, etc. etc.
    ----------------------------------
    BP owner since Oct 2008, so yeah, I'm no expert.
    0.1.0 pastel bp
    1.0.0 spider bp
    0.1.0 albino bp
    1.0.0 bumblebee bp
    1.0.0 yellowbelly bp
    0.0.1 normal bp
    1.0.0 normal western hognose

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anatess View Post
    You must have missed the note in my post that I'm using sweet PDZ...
    Check out this post:
    http://www.ball-pythons.net/forums/s...948#post931948

If you go to the official sweet PDZ website, you can read up on the part that says using sweet PDZ will help eliminate the harmful effects of ammonia and bacteria and yada yada. The thread linked above also mentions an alternative called equine fresh bedding with the same properties - fights bacterial growth, eliminates ammonia, etc. etc.
    Yup, thank you for that. However, I do use Equine fresh, and HAVE used sweet pdz (m00kfu is my boyfriend and commented on that in your thread), but they do still stink, and they do still pee and poop continually, and they do mostly go in one corner of the tub that will end up saturated with pee and poop, turn a nasty brown color and your sweet pdz and equine fresh don't control bacteria or ammonia in high concentrations like that.

I also understand you probably only have 3 or so ASF now, so they aren't putting out as much, but as the numbers grow, I don't want others to believe that it's safe or sanitary to not change the tubs if they use enough sweet pdz or pelleted bedding. Using it is not an alternative to regular cleaning of any animals tubs.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by littleindiangirl View Post

Amen. Go live in a public restroom for a week. Some peoples idea of sanitary might change
    Pastel 0.1
    Mojo 1.0
    100% Het albino 1.1
    50% Het Albino 0.1
    -
    Do you like Texas BBQ? Do you want to know where I will be so you can get some?>>>>>My Catering Company Facebook Page<<<<<
    reptilebasics.com Rich is awesome - texas4x4.org -pirate4x4.com

Thanks

oh yeah they smell! when not cleaned(almost a human urine smell) I keep mine very clean every three days they get cleaned healthier for them to be clean.
    WHITEMARSH BALL PYTHONS
    CAPTIVE BRED BY GREGORY J HALL

CHECKOUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL BELOW ALL BP's
    http://www.youtube.com/user/GREGORYJHALL
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/White...88827331178640
    410-206-9781

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast