Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,126

1 members and 3,125 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

rat in the garage

so last night around 1am I went out to the garage to take some stuff down there (we are in the middle of some remodeling) and I was walking across the floor - barefoot and pyjamas - and felt something dash across my foot

I turned the light on and there was a rat sitting by the cabinet. i just about freaked out. it wasn't even a huge rat either

now, I am in no way afraid of anything outside, i have caught mice, snakes, rattlers, frogs, toads, you name it with my bare hands - and i obviously handle rats and mice weekly to feed my animals.

but for some reason, coming across one randomly - or being caught off guard by one made me feel totally out of control. i nearly dropped the box i was carrying.

has this ever happened to anyone else?
    0.1 bp (julius - rehomed in 2008)
    0.1 red tail boa (bianca - rehomed in 2008)
    1.1 persian cats (morris [RIP 2016] & oscar [RIP 2015])
    1.0 burmese python (strawberry - rehomed in 2008)
    2.0 leopard geckos (quincy & froederick - rehomed in 2008)
    0.0.1 mouse in the freezer (roger - no idea. hopefully i removed him)
    1.0 bp (neke - yellow belly ball)

Thanks

Re: rat in the garage

Yup! I know what you are talking about. Last week I found a little hole in my dogs food bag. Moved it and a few days later while sitting at my computer I saw a mouse run in to my room. I just froze up and just watched it run by. Startled me pretty good!
    I put down some snap traps and got him.
    ---=ALLISON=---
    "Not everyone is going to agree or listen to what you say but I have learned to do my best to educate and hope they listen in the long run. Just keep trying to educate. There will be people out there that actually do listen and learn. -Me"

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Yeah, it's happened to me. I get startled very easily...even by stuff that would normally not trigger any fear response at all.

Once, when I still lived at home with my folks (LOOOONG time ago!) I was walking out the door into the garage. The moment I stepped over the threshold I heard a really loud hissing sound. Looked down and just a couple inches from my foot was a HUGE possum!! I think we freaked each other out in equal measures!

(A friend caught it for us and released it on some wooded property he owned.)
    -- Judy

Thanks

yeah I to get spooked easy....we had a frog sitting on the door handle in the garage and when I came in and went to grab the handle I saw him there and freaked lol. And I love frogs!

I also was out walking my greyhound one night and I heard something from the wooded fields next to us, well I moved over a little because what little light our outside light makes was blocked by my shadow....right when I moved this little bunny came out and sort of made a snapping hissing noise...I've never ran so fast in my life...of coarse my hound was all about chasing it.

Thanks

yea in my friends basement about 2 or 3 weeks ago it flooded out from rain and a cracked water line. he kept the door open to the basement pretty much all the time during the day. one nite we were watchin tv or playin ps2 or something and we heard scratching inside his trash can, well we didnt know it was coming from inside his trash can for like 2 hours. then we finally went over to investigate. there were 4 field mice in the trash can freaked us out at first, but then we were like aww look how cute they are and now we have 4 field mice as pets. im sure that there r more since the one just had babies!!! now im not gonna feed these to my bp no way shape or form they are wild animals so who knows what is inside of them parasites fertilizers or other. because my friends dad said why dont u feed them to monty and we told him we can't because they were wild caught and because they could wind up killing him in the long run.