Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,875

0 members and 2,875 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Michigan events

Thanks

Michigan events

I added some west michigan events this week to the callender. One of which is this Saturday. MI herp society is putting on a show/expo in Ionia, MI at the fairgrounds. Supposed to be one of the big buildings, I hope its full of vendors when I get there! There is another show coming up in October in Grand Rapids that I'll be at.

Anyone going?
    www.ASFRats.info African soft-furred rats information and exchange.

www.WarrenReptiles.com
    Website Hosting available see site for details

Thanks

Re: Michigan events

Show report:

Lots of corn snakes and a decent ammount of normal balls although not that great looking. Recognized a few people like Casey Hulse and the Collison's. Talked to Casey for a minute and had myself convinced I would by one of the juv. children's pythons he had there (2) I told him I would wonder and think about it...one walk around the room again (not a very long one) and when I got back both where gone. I was suprised at that, apparently someone else had the same idea but didn't hesitate. Oh well. I met a guy from GR who does a little bit everything...Cory something. He had some amazon tree boas he just produced that I was looking at and we talked about them for a good while. I've been wanting to try an arboreal species and a few times had to talk myself out buying $300+ green tree pythons. Well he knew his stuff and made me feel confident enough to buy one from him. He had a garden phase and two yellow ones. The one I bought is a nice bright yellow with some black patterns coming in. It was cheaper than the children's python would have been, now I gotta get my father in law to build me a display case LOL. I also bought a load of mice LOL. The rodent guy (Ed?) was there and I bought a pile of pinkies from him to freeze for my children's and the new ATB. I bought a bunch of mice from another women who had them 50 cents each. and all kinds of crazy colors, I've never seen long haired mice before but I have a couple now. After I got home and sorted I ended up with enough for two breeding tubs and ton of extra males for feeding off that will last several weeks while the others start producing.

I'll have to get some pics of the new ATB, really sharp looking.

www.WarrenReptiles.com

Thanks

hey i was there... i saw those nice ATB's. other than that, all i saw were corn snakes pretty much.
    still a good time, i got to talk to mr. hulse about setting up heat tape and to the collisons about breeding as well. i also bought a cresty because it seems i buy one at every show i go to now... got him from matt from pangea reptiles, nice guy.i'm also going to be at the GR show in october and NARBC Chicago.

Thanks

sweet, I was at the Ionia show when they opened and was there maybe 2hrs...I had to stretch my time there since I was meeting someone back in GR at a certain time. I'll be at the GR show first thing also.

www.WarrenReptiles.com

Thanks

The Grand Rapids show was pretty good today. Lots of people moving through, and although not a "big" show there was a nice diversity of animals. Alot I wanted to take home with me but had to refrain from...I got what I went for though! A member from another forum and his wife came up from Indiana. He put up with I don't know how many email's flying back and forth (started out as PM's) the last few days and we worked out a trade. Part of what I got from him in turn was part of yet another trade I did. I ended up coming home with some african rats from Jeff, and a nice big female ball python from another guy in trades. The BP unless my scale is off is quite a bit bigger than what I was told (over 1500 grams) so that is a score. She and another female I have will be bred soon by a 100% het ghost male I have.

All around I was glad I went and I hope it continues, I found it better than the Taylor shows that I've gone to a few times and only having to drive 1 hour was great.

www.WarrenReptiles.com

Thanks

glad to hear it! i wasnt able to make it due to OT requirements at work... yeah.
    btw, are you a member of MSH?

Thanks

No I am not a member yet, I have considered it off and on as I'd love to be involved in it for the lectures and events but in reality I'm not sure how many of those things I could make if it requires alot of travel. Basically if I join I want to be able to participate and not just do it to say I'm a member. I look into it every so often and periodically visit the site to see what they are doing and have attended a couple events they sponsored. If you are a member maybe you can give your thoughts on my hesitations.

I'm already looking forward to the next GR show, and hopefully in late winter or spring I'll have a table myself. I'm also trying wiggle my way into helping Zack who coordinates the show. I've offered a sponsorship in the way of free web hosting for the site but as of now he is content so I won't push. Anyway you'll have to let me know if you come over for it, would love to meet more MI herpers!

www.WarrenReptiles.com

Thanks

well as a newer member i dont have a whole lot to say either way about it. but you did say you'd love to meet more MI herpers, and that's definitely the one thing you can count on. there's also a newsletter every month or so which is fun to read... i dunno i like to read. i basically joined to make some contacts and to hopefully be able to attend a few meetings. some are at john ball zoo in GR so thats only 45 min away. i'll definitely hit you up if i'm able to go to the next show.

Thanks

I went to the John Ball Zoo event last year and it was ok, about a month ago went to the Ionia show which was not anywhere near as large as they where saying it would be. Still came home with something that weekend though

www.WarrenReptiles.com

Thanks

the ionia show could have been better, perhaps they needed some organizational help from someone like yourself it ended up being a good setting for people to get to know each other though, which is why i wanted to go in the first place.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast