Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,055

5 members and 2,050 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pissed off!

Thanks

Angry Pissed off!

I just found out my friend is keeping a heat rock in the tank with his cornsnake! I told him how dangerous it was for the snake and how easily she could get burned but he says he's had it for eight months and she'll "learn" if she gets burned! I even offered to drive right down to his house and trade him the brand new heating pad I bought for my ball python for the rock (so i could throw it away!)

This really pisses me off...I shouldnt feel this upset, but I seriously feel like crying I cant believe he just doesnt care about his snake enough to use a heating pad instead, a FREE heating pad *** ******!
    Last edited by JLC; 09-05-2006 at 10:02 PM. Reason: please watch the language
    2.2.6 Crested Geckos (Ace, Hot Pocket, Secret Agent Man, Dot, Baby, Yoshi, Velvet, TJ, Brisk, Irwin)
    0.0.1 Bubblegum (snow?) Corn Snake - Penguin
    1.0.0 Ball Python - Sharky
    0.1.0 Flap Neck Chameleon - Sheila
    0.1.0 Jack Russel Terrier - Katie
    1.0.0 Fat Orange Cat - Mr. Fat (aka Oliver)

RIP Steve Irwin

Thanks

Re: Pissed off!

Wow. Yes. Punish the snake for getting burned when there's no other way for her to warm up. genius.

Thanks

He says the rock is "covered" and is "barely warm"......yeah right.

edit: covered with tiny wood chips. GAH!! like that freaking helps at all..
    2.2.6 Crested Geckos (Ace, Hot Pocket, Secret Agent Man, Dot, Baby, Yoshi, Velvet, TJ, Brisk, Irwin)

RIP Steve Irwin

Thanks

I'm sorry about the swearing, I just got really upset wont happen again

RIP Steve Irwin

Thanks

yeah hopefully you can convince him to change his mind and get the rock out...good luck with it...and i'm happy to hear you're p'd off and not p'd on.

Thanks

At least you tried to warn the guy about the hot rock. Some peoples' excuse is that the pet store associate told them to buy it, but these hot rocks are really for desert species of lizards such as bearded dragons which don't mind 'hot sand'. What I do not like is that there are photos of snakes on the hot-rock packages. example: (click on the photo to enlarge) http://www.petsmart.com/global/produ...N=2030050&Ne=2
    Co-owner of a reptile store

Thanks

I beleive that any business that sells "death rocks" really does not care about their customer. Think about it, if they sell a hot rock then the animal in the cage will eventually get burned causing the customer $$ in vet bills or greif that the animal died because it burned their pet. BUt then again there may be logic behind it as it may kill the animal the the customer will come back into the shop to buy another pet... Sheesh
    Last edited by justcage; 09-06-2006 at 01:58 PM.
    Just a reptile lover!!!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by _BoidFinatic_
    hot rocks are really for desert species of lizards such as bearded dragons which don't mind 'hot sand'.
    IMO, they are NOT for any reptile you would like to stay unharmed and alive... not even a bearded dragon, I have 2, and I would NEVER EVER use those death rocks... I even have a mali and a savannah I would never even think about using those death rocks with....

although dragons, my mali and savannah are use to hot climates, they still do not sit in an area thats too hot for them... I know this because I have seen my own animals move out of thier hot zones just to cool off....

Bottom line, death rocks/hot rocks are a very bad thing to use for any reptile.
    *Jeanne*

"To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanne
    IMO, they are NOT for any reptile you would like to stay unharmed and alive... not even a bearded dragon, I have 2, and I would NEVER EVER use those death rocks... I even have a mali and a savannah I would never even think about using those death rocks with....

although dragons, my mali and savannah are use to hot climates, they still do not sit in an area thats too hot for them... I know this because I have seen my own animals move out of thier hot zones just to cool off....

Bottom line, death rocks/hot rocks are a very bad thing to use for any reptile.
    understood .
    Co-owner of a reptile store

Thanks

Just a side note idea...

I did however figure out what to do with all those lovely hot rocks that someone so generously gave to me..and I mean a bunch of them!!!

I cut the cord off, and boy they made some awesome hides when stacked and such for a few of my lizards who needed bigger hides, and they are light weight too!
    *Jeanne*

"To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast