Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,071

2 members and 3,069 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks

Anyone had any Argus experience?

After looking at the market out there I think I might get an argus monitor. The only yellows out there don't look like they are from reputable breeders and I don't want to get a sick animal so i've been reading up on the argus and they seem like pretty cool animals. I have however heard they can have aggression issues and I was wondering if anyone had any hands on with the species?

Thanks

Re: Anyone had any Argus experience?

We had a beautiful Argus girl in the rescue for a few years. She was mighty hissy and we would restrain her at all times for handeling. That was just one specimen from the whole species thou. I wouldn't see why they wouldn't be handleable if cared for properly as a youngster.
    She was a joy to have around. Full of personality and quite the strong robust monitor. The tripoding was also of course a big treat.
    I would see if NERD breeds em'. I usually recomend them for people intersted in buying babies. I believe they do but it's been awhile since I surfed their site.
    Thanks
    Rusty
    CT Reptile Rescue
    Rescue, Rehabilitation & Education
    For all Reptiles & Amphibians
    CTReptileRescue@Comcast.net
    (website coming soon)

Please help support:
    http://www.kidney.org/
    http://www.americanheart.org/
    http://www.liverfoundation.org/

Thanks

Re: Anyone had any Argus experience?

Thanks for the reply. I got mine today and I absolutely love him. He is SOOOO active and not shy in the least bit although he did huff and puff when I got him out but I would probably do the same if I was in a box for 24 hours. I haven't seen him tripoding yet but I know it's coming. His feeding response is wicked. I mean he can be running across the cage and the second a cricket hits the ground it's gone! I'm debating on going with a potting soil/sand mixture in opposed to the cypress he's on now because the crickets are getting lost in the substrate and I don't want them eating his waste and him eating them and getting sick. Keep ya posted, Landon