Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,084

2 members and 3,082 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daytona In ???

Thanks

Daytona In ???

Hey, for all U Daytona-'ers.........

Robin and I are making plans to go, either when she grad-ee-ates, or maybe sooner.

How far in advance do I need to TRY? to reserve lodging??? While growing up, local h/motels had to be booked at least a year in advance during pheasant season, & with the Wine & Seafood Festival in Newport, some places are TWO years in advance.

What about the NARB? How many YEARS? *sheesh* in advance to I need to plan on for the bookings?

Thaaaaaaanks!

RuLyn
    Sweety314
    Fantabulous Daughter, Robin 21 Snakes & counting...Rosie, LTR, corns, Kenyan SB, RTBs, balls of var. morphs/norms; purple albino retic 2 horses, 4 cats, rat mommies, rat daddies and rat babies (mmmm, food!), In Loving Memory: Peekaboo, Goober, Scabbers, Happy (thx 4 35 years), Stripe, Baby, Snoopy, Smudge, Stewie-- You will be missed! Steve Irwin 2/2/62 to 9/4/06

Thanks

Re: Daytona In ???

I have no idea, but who cares- when my friends and i had our beach trip in april, we reserved the place in late january.
    Also- try picking up a traveler's guide to Daytona and look around for reputable hotels/condos in the area.

Thanks

I stayed a couple blocks away at a slightly cheaper motel and will never do it again. The Hilton is really nice and its right across from the Expo Center. I'll make my reservations as soon as they will take them. I would guess early spring but possibly earlier.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jglass38
    I stayed a couple blocks away at a slightly cheaper motel and will never do it again. The Hilton is really nice and its right across from the Expo Center. I'll make my reservations as soon as they will take them. I would guess early spring but possibly earlier.
    Oh yes, personally i would never stay anywhere other than something like the hilton or in a beach condo of repute. you walk into one 4-star nice hotel and find out the floor is like a sponge mass, mold on the ceilings everywhere filthy honey (honey!? yes honey) covered bread warmer and refigerator and a filthy spit encrusted sink.. yeah... no thanks... oh and did i mention it was the no smoking section.. riiiight.

They call me Emilius LOL Emilio's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,407 Times in 1,004 Posts

I stayed at the Super 8 right on the beach it was just a block away from the hilton . I'm going to try and reserve at the hilton next year let's see what happens.
    Absolutely obsessed with ball pythons!

http://www.facebook.com/VillarinoReptiles?ref=hl

Villarino reptiles Morph market

Contacts

Villarinoreptiles@gmail.com
    Or tex 7868774281

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

I believe I remember the Hilton starting to offer reservations at $99 a night in January last year.

We stayed at LaQuinta, about six miles away. It could be a pain to drive in, and lord knows we paid out the wazoo for parking, but we still came out less than we would have if we had boarded Diamond here while we were gone.

It wasn't the Hilton by any means, but it worked for us, and they were even reptile friendly. Two doors down from us brought an adult beardie with them and even had it outside the room sunning itself and the staff talked to them and asked questions. One woman who worked there owned several snakes herself and was asking me about the show and that she had to work and miss it.

And since we spent very little time in our room except to sleep, it really didn't matter to us that it wasn't the Hilton.

We did meet another couple that were there for vacation that brought their dog and stayed at the La Playa and really recommended it, and it's on the strip - we might look into staying there next year.

As for reservations - I made my reservations in January at $79 a night, checked again out of curiosity to see if the rates had gone up in June, but they had actually dropped to $55 a night, so I canceled my original reservation and re-reserved at the lower rate. They still had some rooms available up to the day of the show.

Thanks

Hilton...don't bother with the ocean view rooms, cause you probably won't be in your room enough to enjoy the view. The first year I went to Daytona, I had rooms @ another location, and let me tell you - if you're a social butterfly till the wee hours, having to leave the Hilton (where all the action happens) and go to another hotel/motel/etc is a giant PITA.

They usually start taking reservations in January. Book early!!!

K~
    Kara L. Norris
    The Blood Cell - BloodPythons.com
    Selectively-bred bloods & short-tailed pythons
    Quality is our only filter.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KLG
    Hilton. January. Book early!!!

K~
    Added benefit, you get to hang with K all weekend long!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jglass38
    Added benefit, you get to hang with K all weekend long!
    Awwww....thanks J!!!!

K~
    Kara L. Norris
    The Blood Cell - BloodPythons.com
    Selectively-bred bloods & short-tailed pythons
    Quality is our only filter.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KLG
    Awwww....thanks J!!!!

K~
    I speak the truth!