Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,969

0 members and 2,969 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma

View Poll Results: Does your snake love you?

Voters
1668. You may not vote on this poll
  • I know my snake loves me!

774 46.40%
  • I know my snake doesn't care. It does not feel emotions.

894 53.60%
Page 9 of 77 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Re: I think my snake loves me

Quote Originally Posted by SilentTigress
    I agree with Dougie. I don't think snakes are capable of 'love' (although my friend insists that my snake hates the world...), I do think they recognize those that hold them all the time. My Children's python is VERY defensive and jumpy when anyone else but me holds her, even if hand her off to the other person.

But then again, my brother's corn snake doesn't seem to react different to anyone at all....hm...now that makes me question my whole opinion...lol
    Well there are really laid back people that don't care one way or the other.. maybe the corns a nihilist(sp) lol. if one is to assume they have personalities then the possibilities are endless. cybil and ben hate to initially be picked up but afterwards 'enjoy' 'splorin'. jadis is as sweet as a snake could be, same with crowl-ster.

Thanks

i know my bps love me after a good feeding and my lil one loves to wrap around my hair when its in a bun... and so does the big one but i really cant allow him to do that since he is like 1300 grams ...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kittyish
    i know my bps love me after a good feeding and my lil one loves to wrap around my hair when its in a bun... and so does the big one but i really cant allow him to do that since he is like 1300 grams ...
    and how exactly do your Bp's express their love for you after feeding ?
    There is a moose loose aboot this hoose !

Fairfax, Virginia; Originally from San Antonio, Texas.
    Thanks

I'd have to agree with Ansli. Once we start claiming personality, the rest is endless. Ophi adores being out, and fights to get out as often as possible. Hadrian spends more time under his hide and will fight to get back in. Ody is content either way...

I think, in their own way, they love me just like I love them and even if they don't have emotions or personalities, etc, I can continue to care for them and love them. My own father swears she truly does love me. (Ophi!)
    Melanie Ryan Seals

2.2 Royal Pythons; Hadrian(het. albino), Lucius(het. hypo), Ophelia(normal) and Regan(het. albino).
    1.0 Homo sapien boyfriendidus; Nick AKA Daddy.s

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Melicious For This Useful Post:

PokeyTheNinja (01-14-2016)

Thanks

[QUOTE=shhhli] So until you have some actual 'scholar' time and can put out some text on your 'beliefs' and have them approved by people of better standing then. just dont.

Do you have any "scholar" time?
    J.B.

1 Ball Python, Kaa
    2 Red Ear Slider Turtles, Nubin & Mallory
    1 Military Macaw, Sheila
    2 cats, Pickle & Skittles
    1 St. Bernard, Daisy
    1 Chinchilla, Buddy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by snakey68
    and how exactly do your Bp's express their love for you after feeding ?
    Well sometimes its hard to show emotions, snakes are modest animals. They do show emotions, humans need to stop being one minded dwits... selfish creatures we are, only thinking "us have this, us have that, us us US"
    A weird thought past through my mind.
    Just thinking if the Police Raided my home, they'd see a 14ft retic slithering around, a large redtailboa, a large Ball python who acts like a lap cat, and a corn snake who thinks he can make a nest out of my hair... and if they went inside my garage and checked inside my freezer... they'd find dead bodies.

RIP Billy

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sapphire7 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

[QUOTE=jbo901]
    Quote Originally Posted by shhhli
    So until you have some actual 'scholar' time and can put out some text on your 'beliefs' and have them approved by people of better standing then. just dont.

Do you have any "scholar" time?
    Do you have proof? People say the reason why snakes have no feelings is because they are missing a piece of the brain that is the "emotion" box. HELLO, animals all have different body parts and unique creatures. We are all not physically the same, our DNA is not the same. We cannot proofly prove that snakes have no emotions, we cannot touch their brain and ask them " what do you feel?" they cannot speak. Its like scientists who say there is no God, but we all know that their is (Yet my belief, just liek your beliefs about no God, or none feeling snakes) Just let us believers believe and you none believers not believe. Capeesh? Or do you "none believers" always want to prove that you are always right? Just let it go.
    A weird thought past through my mind.
    Just thinking if the Police Raided my home, they'd see a 14ft retic slithering around, a large redtailboa, a large Ball python who acts like a lap cat, and a corn snake who thinks he can make a nest out of my hair... and if they went inside my garage and checked inside my freezer... they'd find dead bodies.

RIP Billy

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sapphire7 For This Useful Post:

Kimber (11-06-2012)

Thanks

If I seriously did believe they had feelings and emotions, I would never agree to keep them in small boxes with nothing naturalistic in them. I believe that they have no cares about anything emotional or aesthetic, which is why it's OK to keep them in plain, unadorned and un-naturalistic setups; they don't care. It would break my heart if smoeone kept a human in such basic, non-sensory-stimulating, blank setups; but since snakes don't have emotion or other human traits, it is OK.
    -Jen. Back in the hobby after a hiatus!
    Ball pythons:
    0.1 normal; 1.1 albino. 1.0 pied; 0.1 het pied; 1.0 banana.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire7
    We cannot proofly prove that snakes have no emotions,
    Huh???
    Jeff

"Parents are not interested in justice, they're interested in peace and quiet."
    -Bill Cosby-

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ginevive
    If I seriously did believe they had feelings and emotions, I would never agree to keep them in small boxes with nothing naturalistic in them. I believe that they have no cares about anything emotional or aesthetic, which is why it's OK to keep them in plain, unadorned and un-naturalistic setups; they don't care. It would break my heart if smoeone kept a human in such basic, non-sensory-stimulating, blank setups; but since snakes don't have emotion or other human traits, it is OK.
    But how do you honestly know that the snake is ok with being kept like that? The point people here are tyring to make (not taking sides) is how in the hell can you proof that what you are saying if even somewhat correct? Just because the majority agrees?
    -Kyle
    Green = 8 Ball Python
    1.3 Normal Ball
    1.1 Nerd Lemon Pastel & VPI Pastel
    1.1 100% Het Albino and Homo Albino
    1.1 100% Het Butterscotch/Yellow Hypo
    0.1 Kenyan Sand Boa

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Kilo For This Useful Post:

Page 9 of 77 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast