Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,249

1 members and 1,248 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,532
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42

View Poll Results: Does your snake love you?

Voters
1668. You may not vote on this poll
  • I know my snake loves me!

774 46.40%
  • I know my snake doesn't care. It does not feel emotions.

894 53.60%
Page 67 of 77 FirstFirst ... 175758596061626364656667686970717273747576 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Re: I think my snake loves me

I have a male, who don't start locking with females, just if I'm near the tub. The same male few times started to fight with me, like I'm an other male, and few times tried to lock with my hand.

I think he accept me in a bit strange way...

Thanks

I have 1 snake that you can tell wants my company all my BPs are mindless but my bigger breeds seem to have more wits, my two boas are weirdos lol, but my retic god almighty this male retic has emotions I knkw it is not possible but he Is curious when I am in the room wants to be out never bit me once, but if a rat is in his cage he goes crazy, he just might be smart enough not to bite my hand bc it isn't a rat and that's enough brains for me
    Ball Pythons: 0.1 Piebald, 1.0 Barnhart Line Pewter, 1.0 Pastel, 1.0 Pastel ???,
    0.1 Butter Pastel Het Orange Ghost, 1.0 Pastel Het Orange Ghost, 0.1 Normal

Reticulated Python: 1.0 Tiger het albino

Kingsnake: 0.1 Albino Vertical Stripe

Boas: 0.1 Motley Nicaraguan Boa, 1.0 Colombian Boa

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Felidae View Post
    I have a male, who don't start locking with females, just if I'm near the tub. The same male few times started to fight with me, like I'm an other male, and few times tried to lock with my hand.

I think he accept me in a bit strange way...
    That is absolutely hilarious!

I've always found it strange that people say reptiles don't have emotions. They can feel fear, anger, and some highly intelligent lizards even get lonely and will hold a grudge. If they can feel this, why wouldn't they be able to feel joy, pleasure or even love?

Marshall will raise his head up and wait for a chin scratch. He enjoys licking my face as well. One thing I noticed is when my dad went to pet his head, marshall instantly pulled his head back. But when I attempted to pet his head, he seemed very content.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks

Believe me, he do that without any emotions. He's just... a lovely freak.
    I disinfect my hands between touching every tub or cage, but I think his senses just better then my other snakes senses.
    About the locking, I think he need a little competition to get interested about the girls. Someone use plugs, someone sheds. Me, well... my presence.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts
    My normal BCI girl seems to love to come out and sit on me or she will sit outside her cage next to me when im working on the computer. I swear she likes the company.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

Thanks

I feel like i can be unbiased as i haven't had a snake before, I've got a question for this thread lol.

do any of your snakes tolerate or even seem to want to be out around you, but when a approached by another (Experienced handler, not talking about toddlers or anything) gets defensive, hides, or even strikes at them if they try to pick them up?
    Last edited by xyzpdq75; 03-11-2015 at 07:50 PM.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xyzpdq75 View Post
    I feel like i can be unbiased as i haven't had a snake before, I've got a question for this thread lol.

do any of your snakes tolerate or even seem to want to be out around you, but when a approached by another (Experienced handler, not talking about toddlers or anything) gets defensive, hides, or even strikes at them if they try to pick them up?
    Yes!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xyzpdq75 View Post

Absolutely.

I do all the cleaning, feeding, regular husbandry monitoring, and they seem nice and cute with me.
    But when my fiancee handles them (especially my male burms), then they get all cuddly! like going to her face and "kiss" her, even wrap themselves around her arm and neck and just chill there while she goes around the house and does her stuff at some point they even went over her shoulder and stayed there kinda like giving my fiancee a hug (without hands of course).
    but with me, none of those things ever happened, closest i got is felling asleep in front of the TV with my male burm cuddled on my face. and that's it.
    I swear they're kinda attracted to different personalities of human being. (or just me being jealous).
    with that being said, my fiancee was the one who wanted to rescue those 2 burms from a pet shop which keeps them in poor husbandry (mites, minor scale rot, etc).
    I think they're just being grateful to my fiancee, while my fiancee calls me the "janitor" and that i stink of snake poop, that's why they don't really bond to me.. haha!

1.0 Bumblebee (Bee) 0.1 Pastave (Mo) 0.1 Yellowbelly (Elly) 1.0 Green het Granite Burmese Python (Dot) 1.0 Green Burmese Python (Spot) 1.0 Caramel Reticulated Python (Haro) 1.1 Mexican Black Kingsnake (Anubis & Sheba)

0.0.2 Red Eared Slider (Tete & Gugu) 0.0.2 Centruroides Nigrescens 0.0.5 Parabuthus Transvaalicus 0.0.2 Parabuthus Brevimanus 0.0.3 Rhopalurus Junceus 2.1 Androctonus Australis Hector 0.3 Hottentotta Hottentotta 0.2 Tityus Stigmurus 0.1 Scolopendra Dehaani "Cherry Red" 0.0.2 Scolopendra Subspinipes "Thai Jewel"

Thanks

I know my BP loves me. Part of it is my maternal instincts. You know when someone (animal or human) is projecting love.

Secondly, my Seshat is incredibly affectionate and adores being held. She bursts to life. When she is on me she constantly kissing me, either on the cheek, ears (she loves my ears for some reason), neck and many many times she comes to my lips for kisses. We also play peebaboo blankie on my bed so she can "stretch her legs". I keep my face level with the bed and she will come and kiss me on the lips.

I believe all animals are capable of feeling love, affection, fear and sadness and can form a bond with humans.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to squatsnstilettos For This Useful Post:

maudie (07-06-2015)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by squatsnstilettos View Post
    I know my BP loves me. Part of it is my maternal instincts. You know when someone (animal or human) is projecting love.

Secondly, my Seshat is incredibly affectionate and adores being held. She bursts to life. When she is on me she constantly kissing me, either on the cheek, ears (she loves my ears for some reason), neck and many many times she comes to my lips for kisses. We also play peebaboo blankie on my bed so she can "stretch her legs". I keep my face level with the bed and she will come and kiss me on the lips.

I believe all animals are capable of feeling love, affection, fear and sadness and can form a bond with humans.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but when they lick(kiss) you, that is how they smell things. I wouldn't necessarily say that is a love response, but more of a curiosity and being comfortable with you. Still a good thing! But hey, I'm still a bit of a newbie so don't take my word for it lol I'm just going off what other (experienced) peeps have said on here. Sounds like a sweet snake, reminds me of my own who also gives many "kisses."

Page 67 of 77 FirstFirst ... 175758596061626364656667686970717273747576 ... LastLast