Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,938

1 members and 2,937 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Thanks

Ok, Im going to start to worry now!

Ok, I've had my monitor for about 5 days now and the only thing i've seen him eat is 1 fuzzy. Now I can understand him being shy but this is going way too far. I have caught him out and about but i'm really worried about him not eating. I don't know if he ate the crickets because of the bedding it's hard to keep sight of them. Is there a way I can monitor the crickets so I can keep track of how much he eats if any.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: Ok, Im going to start to worry now!

i have a feeling you didnt know what you were getting into. how long did you read up on them? MAYBE a week after your albig died??

the only thing i can say is LEAVE THE LIZARD ALONE. make sure you have his cage set-up properly with proper temperatures, humidity, hiding areas, etc. do you have a picture of the whole cage?

if you want to keep track of how many crickets he's eating then offer the crickets in a small tupperware container. what kind of bedding do you have? the crickets shouldnt be getting lost in the bedding. switch to dirt.
    -marshall

Thanks

He needs to be left alone! He will adjust in his or her own time, not yours and not before. Just how it is with some monitors.
    Scott Collien

Sputnik's Reptiles

BPnet Veteran Pork Chops N' Corn Bread's Avatar
    Thanks

Get non climbing roaches that you can offer in a dish. You just need to leave him alone except for feeding and water changes. He will adjust on his on time man.
    ~Jake~
    Too many boas to list and a few balls as well

Thanks

One, I don't appriciate the sarcastic coments coming from a freshman. 2 I did do alot of reaserch and im not worried about the handleing. Im worried about him not eating and instead of busting someones balls to get an immature rise how about helping someone who is concerned about the wellbeing of an animal. Just a thought

Thanks

Just give him some time to adjust, He might need more time to get used to his surroundings before he's totally comfortable. I can understand you being worried but I would give him some time. In about a week if he still hasnt eaten then I would start to worry.

And i do agree, The comment was pretty rude. He's worried, And all he did was ask for advice. Im sure the rude comments dont make him any less worried just irritated added to it!
    1.0.0 Brother (Kilo, Pain in the neck)
    0.1.0 Sister in law (Blondie, GGRRR but gotta <3 her)
    2.0.0 Ball Python (Kilo my baby boy, Gonzo My new male)
    1.2.0 Breeding Rats (No pups yet)
    0.0.1 Gecko (unamed at this moment)
    0.0.1 Chinese Water Dragon (Mister)

You can lead a horse to water, But you can't make it drink.....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trey
    One, I don't appriciate the sarcastic coments coming from a freshman. 2 I did do alot of reaserch and im not worried about the handleing. Im worried about him not eating and instead of busting someones balls to get an immature rise how about helping someone who is concerned about the wellbeing of an animal. Just a thought
    I hope you are not referring to anyone being a freshman school wise because you spell like a third grader.
    lots of snakes

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

i apologize, but he's already asked this question before and got the same answer he's getting now. i did help you. i told you to leave him alone, and i asked for a picture of the cage. one of the reasons he might not have eaten for 5 days is if he's not properly caged. im sorry i came off a bit rude, i wasnt meaning too.

if you did so much research you should know to leave him alone and this thread probably would exist along with the others you've started for this exact same reason. THATS what made me think you didnt do enough research.

I hope you are not referring to anyone being a freshman school wise because you spell like a third grader.
    lol, the man does have a point but lets not get into irrelevant arguements. this discussion is about monitors so be the bigger man
    Last edited by mr~python; 08-21-2006 at 10:05 PM.
    -marshall

Thanks

The rude comments i see on here. Off topic for a sec. not to sound :cens0r::cens0r::cens0r::cens0r::cens0r:y or anything, But the point of this site is so people with common interests can share their herps and experience's with there herps and come for advice from other people who are here for that as well. So what justice is being rude doing?????
    1.0.0 Brother (Kilo, Pain in the neck)
    0.1.0 Sister in law (Blondie, GGRRR but gotta <3 her)
    2.0.0 Ball Python (Kilo my baby boy, Gonzo My new male)
    1.2.0 Breeding Rats (No pups yet)
    0.0.1 Gecko (unamed at this moment)
    0.0.1 Chinese Water Dragon (Mister)

You can lead a horse to water, But you can't make it drink.....

Thanks

RELAX!!!!!:eek:

i relly think you arnt listning to people. all you have to do is read the threads from the past and you can see you just keep asking the same questions over and over and over and over. and you have gotten the same answers over and over and over and over. i just dont know what else to tell you other than re read the answers from other posts. but if you dont want to do that i will tell you the answers and conclusions we have come to

1. leave it alone.
    2. dont even think about handling.
    3. feed what ever it will eat.
    4 make sure the temps are ok durring the day and night.

thats it my frind. you just need to step back and see the big pic. you own one of the hardest reptiles to care for. so you might want to take advice from peps who own the exact same thing you do. i have kept a water for about 3-4 moths and he is doing great. eats about 25 xl crickets a day. all you need to do is listen. and do what is advised and the rest is up to the man up stairs.

matt fisher
    Last edited by fish21; 08-21-2006 at 10:09 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast