Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,146

1 members and 3,145 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: White Plains, NY

Ill be there no doubt I hope to see a little more variety than the last few times i went!

Thanks

Talking Re: White Plains, NY

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty_Reptiles
    We just went to the last one, after a couple of years of not going. I was actually (sadly) a bit let down. I just remember them being better with more of a variety. Maybe we went during the wrong time of the year?
    Rusty
    I do have to say that in the past two years the show has "downsized" a bit. There is one reason and one reason only for the deflation of the show. On January 1st of 2005 New York State passed the Animal Restriction Laws stating:

NY State prohibits the sale of Reticulated, Burmese, African Rock, and Amethystine pythons, Anacondas, and Nile, Water, Black-Throat, White-Throat, and Croc Monitors.

This is a snippet of the whole several page bill. I will tell you now it threw a wrench in my good time. I have been going to the White Plains Shows for over five years now and the amount of vendors has increased four fold.....
    BUT the amount of reptiles that are legal to sell has decreased by half. The snippet I posted does not state other restrictions like any snake or monitor that grows over 6'?(I don't have the whole document in front of me) adult length is prohibited. Come on people this is absurd in a sense. But I am not going to get into this right now. Just stating the fact of why the White Plains Show has been a washout for the past two years.

The only good thing that came about the restrictions is the cut down in impulse buying of those beautiful 16"-22" baby Retics and Burmese Pythons.

To the untrained/unexperienced individual that innocent cuteness of neonate snakes covers the huge responsibility of caring for/handling a Giant Constrictor.

I love all retiles big or small regardless. I just know when to call it quites.

Stay safe everyone,

-Danny

P.s. There are MANY great vendors at the show everytime I go. If you hav not been to this show....do it!! What can it hurt?

Thanks

quote from previous post:
    ""NY State prohibits the sale of Reticulated, Burmese, African Rock, and Amethystine pythons, Anacondas, and Nile, Water, Black-Throat, White-Throat, and Croc Monitors.

BUT the amount of reptiles that are legal to sell has decreased by half. The snippet I posted does not state other restrictions like any snake or monitor that grows over 6'?(I don't have the whole document in front of me) adult length is prohibited""

Not true! The several specific giant snake and lizard species mentioned above are now restricted as of last year. There is NO other restriction on the NY state level on snakes over 6 feet long. Boas, carpet pythons, etc. are all available and legal at the expo.

If you are looking for the giants, you will need to go to the NH or PA expos. Otherwise, come to White Plains and check out more than 200 vendor tables. The show has recently expanded up onto the stage area, making it bigger and better than ever!

Bruce Lowder

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

We'll be there!
    Ill be in ripped up jeans, an olive tank top and a black and white camo hoodie - i have blonde and black hair with 2 eyebrow rings, a nose ring, and a tongue ring that I can't keep in my mouth cause im always playing with it - lol. Pretty much, Im kinda hard to miss, so if you see me, say hi and introduce yourself! Hope to see someone there

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12