Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,612

1 members and 1,611 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,092
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
    Thanks

Subtrate Question

Hey guys me and my friend are having a debate..i'm getiing a borneo stp in a couple weeks..and he thinks i should use moss through out the whole tub whitch i think ill make the humidity sky rocket..i think its best to use newspaper and have a seperate hide filled with moss....so whos right?
    0.3 ball python
    1.0 BCI Rocky
    1.1 bearded dragons tiny and pedro

Thanks

Re: Subtrate Question

Quote Originally Posted by python15
    Hey guys me and my friend are having a debate..i'm getiing a borneo stp in a couple weeks..and he thinks i should use moss through out the whole tub whitch i think ill make the humidity sky rocket..i think its best to use newspaper and have a seperate hide filled with moss....so whos right?
    yes I can only speak for myself mind but I always use newspaper and a large water dish and have never need to raise the humidity hiogher other than misting on the paper. If I still had a problem though after that I would use a seperate hide filled with moss.

I would not use moss throughout the enclosure that would skyrocket the humidity assuming you were spraying it wet.
    There is a moose loose aboot this hoose !

Thanks

Re: Subtrate Question

Unless your enclosure is subjected to pretty arid conditions you ought to be able to avoid having to use moss throughout the tub. At points in the winter with the dry heat through the house I have to break down and do that ocassionally but usually a humd hide is plenty. Right now it is so humid here that newsprint/dish is more than enough in and of itself - I can't imagine FL being drier lol. Our 3 bloods all love to trash their tubs in short order - usually doesnt take them more than a couple days to flig water all over the place.

"I don't FEEL tardy . . ."