Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,368

1 members and 1,367 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Countdown to Tinley Park!

73 Days!

I have officially planned to embark to NARBC in Tinley Park. Made the hotel reservations tonight.

I didn't know if I was going to go, so I was talking to my parents about it thinking they'd be uninterested in the idea of me going. Well my dad told me he'd love to go with me. I've been teaching him more and more about my leopard geckos, and their different morphs, he's held several of the babies while I've cleaned their tubs...and everyday I had eggs in the incubator it was, "any more babies hatch yet?" I'm really enjoying that I can finally share a bit of my hobby with my family. I've just started to show my pops a few of the other genus of geckos, and what I'm planning on looking for at Tinley.

I'm hoping for a gecko heavy show! I want to see lots of Aurics, cresties, chahoua, leachies, knobtails, diplodactylus, oedura and of course leos! I'd love to attend the New Caledonian Gecko Symposium going on earlier in the week...but my schedule won't allow for me to be in Chicago until Friday evening.

I'll be looking specifically for:
    Nephrurus levis levis
    Rhacodactylus ciliatus (good ol' cresties!)
    Rhacodactylus auriculatus
    -Normals, striped, reds, oranges, whatever I can find!
    Rhacodactylus chahoua

and various leo morphs, but who knows really what I'll bring home. You all should be able to find me wherever there are geckos. More than likely wearing me trademark white bears hat. Man O' Man I can't wait.

Who else is planning on attending, and what will you be looking for/at?
    Jason

Thanks

Re: Countdown to Tinley Park!

I will be going.

Looking for a male het hypo honduran milk
    male hog island boa (only a super super nice one will do it for me though)
    male jungle carpet python
    a pair of white lipped pythons

if I come across any other snakes that will pair up any of my single snakes in my collection I might get those too/instead. We'll see!

April
    My art gallery (herp related) http://cerulean-serpent.deviantart.com/

Thanks

Well if I run across you I'll definitely say hello, it'd be nice to meet a few BPnetters there.

I know what you mean about the hoggs...your's is gorgeous you can't just pair her up with any ol' male.

-Jason
    Jason

Thanks

Now that is one show I TRULY look forward to...

EVERY YEAR! Tinley Park is one of my absolute favorite shows. I like Daytona a lot because we get to catch up with so many friends that we only see once a year. It's also great for meeting new friends and previous customers.

However, I LOVE the Tinley Park show. I just really enjoy the whole environment of the show. It's extremely well run - Brian Potter and Bob Ashley always do such a fantastic job, the booths are all very nice - the "pipe and drape" backgrounds really add a touch of class, the hotel is connected to the convention center so you don't even need to walk outside to get between the two, and it seems like the majority of the people that attend the show are more serious/experienced hobbyist and breeders.

Tinley Park is definitely a show to go to if you can make it. Brian and Bob are putting on a new show in February of 2007 in Arlington, TX which we will be attending as well. I'm looking forward to seeing how that show turns out - if it is just a fraction as good as Tinley, then it should be a great show! I wish we could make the Anaheim show but the drive is just too far for us from Louisiana (I did that drive once when I moved and I really don't want to do it again LOL) and Sean doesn't want to fly/ship animals and our setup display.

Anyways, for Jungle Carpet Pythons, I would definitely recommend checking out Will Leary's table - Reptilicus Reptiles. He was there last year and hopefully he'll be back this year. Will produces some of the nicest Jungle Carpet Pythons! I'm not sure who'll have nice Hogg Island Boas but I do know there should be several good Boa breeders there so I'm sure you'll be able to find something.

As for geckos, the East Bay Vivarium should be there again this year and if so, they might have some nice Knob Tailed Geckos produced by Roman Moniz. I think there will be quite a few Crested Gecko breeders there so nice cresties shouldn't be a problem. We might have a handful of geckos with us but I'm not sure yet. We never had geckos in the past but decided to work with a small group this year. We hatched out some nice Tangerine Tornado and Giant Albino Tangerine Leopard Geckos and they should be good sized by the time Tinley rolls around. We have a couple of chahoua eggs incubating right now so we'll see how those go. And we may bring some of our Gargoyles with us.

Anyways, definitely stop by our table and say "HI" if you guys get the chance. It's always nice to meet forum members in person!

Thanks,
    Celia

Thanks

Re: Now that is one show I TRULY look forward to...

Quote Originally Posted by wetceal
    As for geckos, the East Bay Vivarium should be there again this year and if so, they might have some nice Knob Tailed Geckos produced by Roman Moniz. I think there will be quite a few Crested Gecko breeders there so nice cresties shouldn't be a problem. We might have a handful of geckos with us but I'm not sure yet. We never had geckos in the past but decided to work with a small group this year. We hatched out some nice Tangerine Tornado and Giant Albino Tangerine Leopard Geckos and they should be good sized by the time Tinley rolls around. We have a couple of chahoua eggs incubating right now so we'll see how those go. And we may bring some of our Gargoyles with us.

Anyways, definitely stop by our table and say "HI" if you guys get the chance. It's always nice to meet forum members in person!

Thanks,
    Celia
    Thanks for responding Celia, I always love to see reputable breeders involved on the forums. I'll definitely stop at the table and introduce myself (Jason BTW). If you do bring some geckos you can be sure I'll stop by to at least see them. I looking forward to seeing gargoyles and chahouas in person, I've been doing a lot of research thus far and am captivated by them both...I'm sure by the show I'll have empty cages at home waiting for them. Depending on how this show goes this year I will probably plan to attend a few more next year.

Best of luck to yourself, Sean, and the rest of the EbN crew for the remainder of the BP hatching/breeding season.

BTW, if you have any good information or links for palmatogeckos feel free to shoot me a PM. They look like neat little geckos.

-Jason
    Jason

Thanks

Mike and I are planning on Tinley this year (our first major herp show). Likely we will just drive there for the day (Saturday) due to work and family committments but we are still hoping to make a weekend of it.
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

Just going to look Jo? Or will you be looking for something special?
    Jason

Thanks

Mostly just to look Jason and enjoy a day looking at morphs and such. Hopefully we'll get to say hi to some BPNetters as well.
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

I was planning on going to reptilicus reptiles for a JCP. I actually e-mailed them about reserving a male, but they said they had so many babies born this year they didn't want to hold babies for that long.

I hope we are still planning a BP.net dinner after the show on Saturday! What a blast.

April
    My art gallery (herp related) http://cerulean-serpent.deviantart.com/

Thanks

47 days to NARBC Chicago!

Get your hotels booked!
    Jason

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast