Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,980

2 members and 2,978 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable

Thread: Size Question

Thanks

Size Question

Could i keep a corn snake in a 36"x12"x12" aquarium,if not what other snake would do good in here?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 888 Posts

Question Re: Size Question

Quote Originally Posted by ofish14
    Could i keep a corn snake in a 36"x12"x12" aquarium,if not what other snake would do good in here?
    How large is your corn snake? Is that the measuments of a twenty long tank? I have my adult breeders in twenty longs and they have plenty of room to stretch out.If your snake is a baby a ten gallon will do fine until he grows more.
    Joe Haggard

Thanks

Re: Size Question

I havent gotten 1 yet, im just looking aroung my mom wont let me get a boa, or python, she said she would live in fear, its like 22 gallons,is there anythin else you would suggest?

Thanks

I havent gotten 1 yet, im just looking aroung my mom wont let me get a boa, or python, she said she would live in fear, its like 22 gallons,is there anythin else you would suggest?
    Well there are so many small types of snakes,what do you like? If you are looking for a corn snake i will have some hatching in a couple weeks.Of course if you did want one from me i would have to speak to your Mom.I really do not want a angry Mom comeing after me :eek: .If you did buy a corn or such you would have to start them out in a smaller enclosure.A 22 is really to large for a baby,corn snakes are really small incase you have never seen one.Although there are king snake(only one to a cage as they eat snakes),milk snakes and they all stay around 3 to 4 ft generally.If you have any other questions ask away
    Joe Haggard

Thanks

Well, i really wanted a ball python , but she said no, she would live in fear, then 1 day she said the dumbest thing"what if it got out and ate 1 of the dogs"omg, we have a pitbull and a rott.,doberman,lab. mix.she is snakedumb but anyways, i think corns are cool,something that stays under 5' or so, some thing that would rarely/if ever bite, im shure its just the personality of the snake but idk, and something that could live in the inclosure listed.any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Thumbs up Re: Size Question

Well, i really wanted a ball python , but she said no, she would live in fear, then 1 day she said the dumbest thing"what if it got out and ate 1 of the dogs"omg, we have a pitbull and a rott.,doberman,lab. mix.she is snakedumb but anyways, i think corns are cool,something that stays under 5' or so, some thing that would rarely/if ever bite, im shure its just the personality of the snake but idk, and something that could live in the inclosure listed.any ideas would be appreciated.
    First off if you nicely ask your mom to read about ball pythons or corn snakes then she will understand more.Or you could have her read here and get info from the members if she wants.Here is a pic of my largest female ball python Elvira and she is at least 5ft long and as round as a soft ball.I also have a pit and a staff/pit and Elvira could care less about them.
    Joe Haggard

BPnet Veteran recycling goddess's Avatar
    Thanks

a kenyan sand boa stays small and is a nice pet as well!

they only get about 18" for males and 24" for females (if i'm remembering correctly)
    in light, Aleesha

You have 1440 minutes a day... how are you going to spend yours?

Thanks

Hey, JoePythons, if i wanted 1 of your baby corns, how much would you charge?I've also been looking at rubber boa, they seem neat,does anyone know if i would be able to keep them in a 10 gallon tank or, a 36"x12"x12" tank?And if anyone that has a rubber boa, and would like to post pictures of it, and/or its enclosure, i would appreciate it!

Thanks

You have a pm.
    Joe Haggard