Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,356

0 members and 1,356 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,532
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

another addition to the house

My mother called me yesterday and told me my stepdads brother found a litter of kittens by his house. apperently the neighboor scared the mother off and the kittens were left alone.
    My stepdads brother then took the kittens and asked my mom where he should take them. He didnt want to take them to the humane socitey since he was afraid they would "end" em if ya know what i mean. my mom took one and asked if I wanted one. I felt terrible. I told her i could only take one..two at the max but i needed to talk to dan first. Called him up and sice we was in the middle of a bar and didnt want to argue with me he said it was ok if I got rid of it when it was old enough.

My mom said they barley had their eyes open and were siamese looking.
    he went to the pet store to buy some kitten formula and while she was there the lady at the counter said she would taken in the other kittens.

thank heaven they found the other 3 kittens a home. I couldnt let myself take one and know the other three were going to go meet there "end".

Any ways....
    Now I have a 2-3 week old kitten in my spare bedroom in a box. Hes all white with light gray ears and a light gray tail. I picked him up this morning from my moms house, warmed up about some kitten milk and fed him. he spends most of his waking time crying or climbing all over me. I wrap him up in a blanket and he falls asleep.just like a baby. I also fed him again in the afternoon and dan will again at 7:30 for me while im at work. He looks like he'll be a cute kitten.

I named him Stewie Jett Tomahawk Zanzabart.
    dan likes stewie and of course i had to do some elton john with the whole Jett
    and the last part is just humor. my cat mikey has a pretty long name...thats just something I do. makes the vet people insane.

if anyone has ever delt with this before...tiny orphan kittens...let me know.
    like any new mom...i need adive. Ive read a few things on line to get me started. But advice is golden!

ps looks like i wont be getting a tiny dog any time soon!
    *_*Erica*_*
    And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance,character; and character, hope.
    Romans 5:2-4

Thanks

Re: another addition to the house

You may want to consider feeding it more often. I can't remember the feeding schedule for kittens, but I'm all set if you get a squirrel. lol. Twirce a day just seems a bit too far apart for such a tiny kitten. Call a vet, and they should be able to give you a more appropriate feeding schedule.

Oh, and were waiting for the pics.....
    Christie
    Reptile Geek

Cause when push comes to shove you taste what you're made of
    You might bend, till you break cause its all you can take
    On your knees you look up decide you've had enough
    You get mad you get strong wipe your hands shake it off
    Then you Stand

Thanks

When I had to care for a litter of cats, I was told a minimum of every 3-4 hours for eating.
    *Jeanne*

"To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe"

Thanks

And yes, you should be setting your alarm to feed them throughout the night too.
    Christie
    Reptile Geek

Then you Stand

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tigerlily
    You may want to consider feeding it more often. I can't remember the feeding schedule for kittens, but I'm all set if you get a squirrel. lol. Twirce a day just seems a bit too far apart for such a tiny kitten. Call a vet, and they should be able to give you a more appropriate feeding schedule.

Oh, and were waiting for the pics.....
    I fed him at 6:30am, then at 11:30am. then dan just feed him about 10 minutes ago. and then there will be another feeding when I get home,about 1130pm.
    he sleeps till I go in and move him around to feed.
    The sched. is every 2-4 hours but like i said when he was asleep i just left him.

I would love to share pictures. of my bps...my rats and of mikey and the kitten. but I use my work computer since my home pc took a dive. Im thinking it would really irratate my boss if i download the program for pictures then uploaded all my photos. im might be jobless. maybe my stepdad will let me use him computer....we'll see.
    *_*Erica*_*
    And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance,character; and character, hope.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tigerlily
    And yes, you should be setting your alarm to feed them throughout the night too.
    I'm going to do an 1130 feeding. then a 2am feeding (right before i hit the sack) and then a 6am(now you know ill need an alarm setting for this on a weekend ) and then my 10am wake up time feed and so on.

I wish I could stay home from work mon-wed of this week. I took day hours instead of 2nd shift hours and I have to depend on my step sister (and at 16 she isnt vey dependable).
    *_*Erica*_*

Thanks

Ah, I misunderstood then - sorry. It sounds like you've got it under control. I hope the little guy does well for you.
    Christie
    Reptile Geek

Then you Stand

Thanks

For some odd reason I seem to remember something about you having to wipe their butt end with a warm wet facecloth to get them to defecate and urinate up to a certain age but darned if I can remember where I heard that. Something about the mother cat doing this to keep them from fouling the area and they won't "go" without that stimulation. Might be something to find out about and see if there's any truth to it.
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frankykeno
    For some odd reason I seem to remember something about you having to wipe their butt end with a warm wet facecloth to get them to defecate and urinate up to a certain age but darned if I can remember where I heard that. Something about the mother cat doing this to keep them from fouling the area and they won't "go" without that stimulation. Might be something to find out about and see if there's any truth to it.
    its true!!

you can use a cotton ball with some warm water. you gently wipe the "zone" a few times and they should start to void. your supposed to do it everr feed...I tried but wasnt sure if anything came out since he was moving all around and I hardly got to wipe.

The thing is.dan says we gotta give him up once hes 12 weeks. I never wanted another cat but something about this little guy is going to make me cave. I mean hes totally a siamese and I bet we are going to be very close.
    *_*Erica*_*

Thanks

Say nothing to Dan, let the kitten worm it's way into his heart LOL. I found a dog when I was a kid, my dad said no way! I whined and begged...nope..no deal. My mother, wise woman she was, took me aside and said "let the dog do the work".

We had Jenny the beagle cross until she passed away at the ripe old age of 17.
    ~~Joanna~~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast